Jungle Cruise

Tour

Published: January 4, 2006

Disney legend has it that this classic attraction was conceived as a tour of live animals (a concept decades later implemented throughout Disney's Animal Kingdom), but that idea was nixed 'cause handlers feared the animals wouldn't be awake during the day. So Disneyland installed this collection of audio-animatronic creatures instead.

For Disneyland's 50th anniversary, the guns are back in the skippers' hands, the animations are fixed up througout and a new piranha effect provides a wet finale. The skippers on this tour don't take themselves seriously -- it's a floating joke fest all around. So keep your ears and eyes open to fully enjoy this delightfully cheesy adventure.

David Matecki
Depends too much on your skipper. Still a classic.
James Rao
Not sure if it was just bad timing or not, but when we rode, the sound system on the boat was so bad it was nearly impossible to hear the Skipper's spiel. Jungle Cruise is a pretty lame attraction anyway, but when you can't hear the spiel, it is even worse. Ugh. For all its history and nostalgia, Jungle Cruise needs a significant overhaul. Weak.
Brendan Harrison
A Classic Disney Ride. Has tons of animatronics and is an awesome experience!
Jorge Perez
I went to Disneyland on 7/1/13. We took the Jungle Cruise and we found that this attraction needs a lot of refurbishment. Animals looked awful, needing paint and fixing on their moves. The ride looked dirty too. I was surprised to see this classic attraction in that condition. If Disney was alive, he should have had this attraction shutdown.
Manny Barron
An opening day attraction still going strong after 5+ decades. This ride really does make it feel like your not in a theme park with all of its lush foliage and water. Most skippers are quite good and they manage to always put a smile on my face, and after all that is the point of this ride. For an extra cool factor on this ride, go on it at night. Lines are non existant and the jungle is a bit more mysterious.
Lexi R
Jungle Cruise is one of my favorites. It is just good fun. I love the concept and the skipper, but I thought some of the animals could have used a bit of paint and updates during my last visit. The animals would have been of great quality at another park, but when you put Jungle Cruise next to the quality you see on some of the other Disney rides, it is easy to tell that the Jungle Cruise isn't quite as fresh as some of the other attractions.

8.5/10

daniel reyes
I like this ride. It's very underrated but like everyone said it depends on the skipper
Skipper Adam
Depends on the skipper. Despite the updates, I like the Florida one better. And I try to say this without bias.
N O
very fun! classic disneyland ride! recommend it.