Jungle Cruise

Narrated Ride

Disney legend has it that this classic attraction was conceived as a tour of live animals (a concept decades later implemented throughout Disney's Animal Kingdom), but that idea was nixed 'cause handlers feared the animals wouldn't be awake during the day. So Disneyland installed this collection of audio-animatronic creatures instead.

An original attraction that needs an update. Maybe we will see the Tokyo Disney updates come this way at some point. Though, it would almost be sad to see an original changed. Okay...just give us the new nighttime cruise!
Ive never been a fan of the cheesy comedy version of this ride. Sorry but the backside of water is funny only the first time through, if that. It's not how it was originally intended and deserves better imo.
Jungle Cruise is a really nice attraction at Disneyland and the attraction still shocks me on how "immersive" it is as you definitely do not feel like you are in Anaheim anymore. The attraction can be more enjoyable when you have an enthusiastic skipper.
Depends too much on your skipper. Still a classic.
Not sure if it was just bad timing or not, but when we rode, the sound system on the boat was so bad it was nearly impossible to hear the Skipper's spiel. Jungle Cruise is a pretty lame attraction anyway, but when you can't hear the spiel, it is even worse. Ugh. For all its history and nostalgia, Jungle Cruise needs a significant overhaul. Weak.
A Classic Disney Ride. Has tons of animatronics and is an awesome experience!
I went to Disneyland on 7/1/13. We took the Jungle Cruise and we found that this attraction needs a lot of refurbishment. Animals looked awful, needing paint and fixing on their moves. The ride looked dirty too. I was surprised to see this classic attraction in that condition. If Disney was alive, he should have had this attraction shutdown.
An opening day attraction still going strong after 5+ decades. This ride really does make it feel like your not in a theme park with all of its lush foliage and water. Most skippers are quite good and they manage to always put a smile on my face, and after all that is the point of this ride. For an extra cool factor on this ride, go on it at night. Lines are non existant and the jungle is a bit more mysterious.
Jungle Cruise is one of my favorites. It is just good fun. I love the concept and the skipper, but I thought some of the animals could have used a bit of paint and updates during my last visit. The animals would have been of great quality at another park, but when you put Jungle Cruise next to the quality you see on some of the other Disney rides, it is easy to tell that the Jungle Cruise isn't quite as fresh as some of the other attractions.

I like this ride. It's very underrated but like everyone said it depends on the skipper

Subscribe or Donate to Support Theme Park Insider!