A theme park gift under $10? Theme Park Insider: 2016 Year in Review

Matterhorn Bobsleds

The first steel-track, multi-vehicle roller coaster, Matterhorn Bobsleds reopened in June 2012 after undergoing a massive refurbishment, with new single-seats and a taller, 42-inch height requirement.

This one of the few attractions where the update is actually worse for the actual ride aspects. Too rough, yet too slow to provide enough thrills. But the new additions for aesthetics like the new Abominable Snowman are excellent. I can't recommend this attraction unless you've never ridden it.
Riding the Matterhorn at night is one of those absolute must do experiences at DL. However, it is shockingly rough. Even for someone who actually enjoys most rough wooden roller coasters, this was nearly brutal. It was still a really fun time, and one that I would certainly suggest. Be sure to use the single rider line! 6/10
I loved this ride! It could use more thrills!
The new enhancements, especially the audio, makes the ride much more exciting.
Fantastic themeing, storied history, unfortuneately too painful to enjoy.
Matterhorn Bobsleds was a good attraction at the Disneyland Resort and I enjoyed it a little more than I thought I would due to the rather heavy criticism that many direct towards this ride. The new trains are far from being comfortable, though I did not feel that it is in desperate need of a major overhaul and I did find it to be more "tall people friendly" than California Screamin'. Overall, it is a nice classic attraction and I will ride it again after its refurbishment using its single rider line, which will hopefully be open.
This ride isn't the best for older adults, my poor Mom can never ride it because after her neck hurts, but me and my sister ride it everytime, and we don't have any problems. But we are in very good condition from playing sports and we very rarely get back, muscle, other pains, etc. It is a good ride though. Missing a little bit of a story but a very strong concept.
If your wanting to ride but avoid the pain, ride on the Tomorrowland track! There's two tracks on the ride and they're called the Tomorrowland and Fantasyland tracks. Tomorrowland track, yes is faster and shorter but due to its speed and length it isn't as bumpy as the left track. Yes, it may still hurt but you've a better shot riding the right side. The left side, (the side I ride) I reccomend for kids who are younger. Its longer and slower, but you can't really tell, it is a bit more bumpy but I do enjoy the roughness.
If you ask a cast member about that they'll have too tell you its untrue due to fear of one line becoming longer, so don't ask (:
But this rides fantastic, and beautiful. Go ride it!
Fun but I felt like I had been in a MMA fight afterwards.
Working Yeti or not, this painful coaster is a real dog.
I used to love the Matterhorn until they did the last change to the actual bobsleds. Now, it is impossible for me to ride. The new bobsleds are smaller and uncomfortable. For big people like me it is impossible to get in and ride.