Matterhorn Bobsleds

Published: March 13, 2013

The first steel-track, multi-vehicle roller coaster, Matterhorn Bobsleds reopened in June 2012 after undergoing a massive refurbishment, with new single-seats and a taller, 42-inch height requirement.

Mostly Anonymous
The new enhancements, especially the audio, makes the ride much more exciting.
Daniel Galvan
Fantastic themeing, storied history, unfortuneately too painful to enjoy.
Sebastian K
Matterhorn Bobsleds was a good attraction at the Disneyland Resort and I enjoyed it a little more than I thought I would due to the rather heavy criticism that many direct towards this ride. The new trains are far from being comfortable, though I did not feel that it is in desperate need of a major overhaul and I did find it to be more "tall people friendly" than California Screamin'. Overall, it is a nice classic attraction and I will ride it again after its refurbishment using its single rider line, which will hopefully be open.
Alice Butera
This ride isn't the best for older adults, my poor Mom can never ride it because after her neck hurts, but me and my sister ride it everytime, and we don't have any problems. But we are in very good condition from playing sports and we very rarely get back, muscle, other pains, etc. It is a good ride though. Missing a little bit of a story but a very strong concept.
If your wanting to ride but avoid the pain, ride on the Tomorrowland track! There's two tracks on the ride and they're called the Tomorrowland and Fantasyland tracks. Tomorrowland track, yes is faster and shorter but due to its speed and length it isn't as bumpy as the left track. Yes, it may still hurt but you've a better shot riding the right side. The left side, (the side I ride) I reccomend for kids who are younger. Its longer and slower, but you can't really tell, it is a bit more bumpy but I do enjoy the roughness.
If you ask a cast member about that they'll have too tell you its untrue due to fear of one line becoming longer, so don't ask (:
But this rides fantastic, and beautiful. Go ride it!
David Matecki
Fun but I felt like I had been in a MMA fight afterwards.
James Rao
Working Yeti or not, this painful coaster is a real dog.
Jorge Perez
I used to love the Matterhorn until they did the last change to the actual bobsleds. Now, it is impossible for me to ride. The new bobsleds are smaller and uncomfortable. For big people like me it is impossible to get in and ride.
Manny Barron
The Matterhorn is great! This bobsled run through the Disneyland icon is just great fun. The mountain features some neat dips and turns and the theme plays its part well, despite being more than fifty years old. Sure the ride can be a bit bumpy at times but that just adds to the fun and charm. There is no fastpass here so bear that in mind when planning your day, but whatever you don't miss this.
Lexi R
I understand that this ride is a classic, but it needs some updates! Yes the mountain itself is outstanding, but the ride really is no more than a small carnival coaster. It is not thrilling to an older audience, but it is still enough with the dark and the yeti to scare a small child. I am not one to complain about roughness on rides, but this one got me! My neck hurt for several days. Really, the best part was watching the "mountain climbers" from the outside. It is a classic though and I think that counts for something, so.. it gets a (7/10) from me.