Space Mountain: Mission 2

2005 saw one of Europe's most famous roller coasters get a complete revamp. Space Mountain: Mission 2 gives the Disneyland classic a kick into the 21st century. This time, you're going further into deep space, for a high-tech adventure to the edge of the universe. Advanced technology gives this high-speed ride even more to look at, and Michael Giacchino, composer for Alias and The Incredibles ensures the accompanying soundtrack is suitable dramatic.

In 2017, the ride switched to a temporary Star Wars-themed Hyperspace Mountain overlay.

Luckily for me my first ever ride on this Space Mountain was immediately after adding the new trains. I've always heard how unbearable and rough this coaster was. After riding it and imagining the standard OTSR's I now know this ride was brutal. But luckily the new restraints omit any head-banging. As a result I thought this Space Mountain was excellent and rode it over and over again! With the new trains I would recommend any hater of this ride to try it again. It's still a wild and intense ride but it is certainly not painful in the slightest!

Unfortunately I was unable to see it with its standard Mission 2 theme and got Hyperspace Mountain but nonetheless I really enjoyed this ride! Also the exterior is gorgeous!

Not a lot of fun to ride. It looks fantastic on the outside, but man oh, man that's a rough ride. Shame too, because it's so fantastic looking.
I have no problems on tough coasters...in fact I usually like rough coasters...EXCEPT FOR THIS ONE. It bangs your head around BADLY. It will give you a headache and an ear ache. Skip this.
Yeah, it's a little rough, but it's quite fun! The soundtrack and effects are good fun and the ride is fast. I also really like the Jules Verne style of the ride.
EXTREMELY ROUGH, especially the inversion.
Much better compared to Disneyland and Magic Kingdom versions
This is quite the intense indoor roller coaster. The effects are well done - so well done that you never once see the track. As a result, I became quite disoriented and dizzy (not common for me). The ride is also a little rough but nothing to complain too much about.

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter