Blazing Fury

Dark ride

Submit Photo

Published: May 2, 2012

A fire engine themed dark ride through a burning town has a big surprise in store for first time riders.

Morgan Flay
I know up front that this ride is historic and is not very thrilling but I honestly think that the ride needs a big touch up to please the guests. The maniquines in the ride look like they where stolen from old navy. The rides story is also hard to follow. Here is a Tip for dollywood- if you want to keep a ride because of its history then maintain it.
Jordan Driver
Loved the ride as a kid growing up. Blazing Fury in the late 90's was just an awesome ride. The water effects were great it was very dark inside, except when the scenes were occurring. As time has gone on it has really done a number on the ride. First the water was taken out of the ride, then the effects began to break down, the speed out of the first drop was slowed down, and finally more light is coming into the building allowing you to see whats coming from a mile away. Just disappointing to see such a great ride fall into this state.
Jorge Arnoldson
Sure, it's a classic, but how about replacing this ride with a "sequel" to Blazing Fury? Here's my idea: a new trackless dark ride system, interactivity, more realistic animatronic figures, more realistic practical effects (real flames, etc.), and maybe some 3D.
Edward Morgan
This is the hockiest ride ever. That makes it so fun. It just seems classic. The animatronics are so terrible they are fun. The second drop was surprising. It was fun and fast. The indoor sections while cheesy were impressive at the end. 8/10
Joe Schwartz
It is a classic indoor ride at Dollywood, that I have been riding for a lot of years. It has a small hill. Lots of fun sceans inside and a run away train coming right at you. Very fun.
Bradley Keith
Well, it's not exactly the kind of coaster I adore, but not every coaster is a Wild Eagle, Mystery Mine caliber. Good family ride, and the drop is pretty unexpected. Also, I'd say it's a classic.
Bryce McGibeny
I was actually scared the most on this ride than any other at Dollywood. It was dark and confusing at points and I didn't know when the drop was. Very corny animatronics and audio, but a really fun classic! Love it! 7/10
James Rao
Blazing Fury is a dark ride that uses a coaster train to propel riders slowly past various scenes of a town in serious trouble. Overall the ride is quite fun and imminently repeatable. Keep in mind that this ride is not a fast moving indoor coaster, but a slow moving dark ride with a few thrills thrown in for good measure. Commendable.
Stephanie Warlick
It is a classic at Dollywood. I remember riding it as a little kid and thinking it was fun. Now, as an adult, I agree that it needs to be updated. It shouldn't be changed much because I like the idea of keeping a classic ride at Dollywood, but even my 5 year old wasn't that impressed.
David L.
This ride needs to be updated. The ride is somewhat rough, but fun. The scenes are bad. It is hard to understand a story other than a town-wide fire. The worst dark ride i have ridden. It's worth riding once, but that's it. 6/10.
Marc Ricketts
Good in a campy sort of way. Hoped for some longer free coasting time, but it's a fun ride.
Cass Davis
Great ride! I have tons of fantastic memories with this ride! I remember when I was little and I cried everytime before I went on it. It's one of my favorites at Dollywood! It should always stay there.