Mystery Mine

The U.S.'s first roller coaster based on the Gerstlauer's Euro-fighter design, which combines an intimate guest experience with hair-raising 95-degree drops, vertical lifts, and multiple inversions. Located in Dollywood’s Timber Canyon area, Mystery Mine is themed as a long-abandoned coal mine with an eerie past. Mystery Mine utilizes a state-of-the-art show experience built on special effects, audio and lots of excitement.

Really enjoyed this ride. Nice theme, and not as rough as some say. Has a few very good surprise elements. 9/10
Has a great dark ride element with a bit of a rough coaster section. Still, quite fun. 7/10
Not many coasters get me nervous like this one does. It's a lot of fun.
Loved the ride when it opened however, lately it has become much more rough to the point of being uncomfortable. Granted I am much larger than most patrons, 6'6 and 255lbs, but I feel smashed down in the restraints. The ending brake run brings you to a stop just a bit to hard. Overall though a good ride that I will continue to ride when I visit. (Update) I'm not certain but the restraints may have been changed since late last year. In the past the ride had a system of lights that would indicate if the restraint was down far enough, two lights you are good to go however, now you must get all three. With that change people of larger stature are unable to ride. As stated earlier I am 6'6 and workout intensely nearly everyday, due to my shoulder and chest size I can no longer ride, so if you are similar to me take this into account.

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter