Toy Story Hotel

Price Level:

Disclaimer is that I stayed on opening night.
First, the bed was incredibly comfortable. The curtains did a fantastic job of keeping the sun out of the room in the morning, the water in the shower was hot, and the decorations were fun and playful. Additionally, we were able to leave our suitcase and bags with the hotel bell hops, and were given a claim ticket. Upon morning check-out, we didn't need to worry about our bags, or returning to pick them up, as they are transferred to the baggage claim area just outside the park. This was super convenient as we just picked up our bags and headed to the metro without a return to the hotel.

As for not rating it higher, there are only two restaurants, both of which are quick service. Also, the view from outside our room was of power lines and a highway, and what looked like maybe a new development (hotel?). The buses were running every 5 minutes it seemed, and weren't over capacity as in WDW. However, the hotel is not close enough to get anywhere by foot, and unlike the Disneyland Hotel, there is no boat option. I'm not a huge fan of buses.

Finally, it seemed to take ten minutes to check in any guest, no matter what. The length of time we waited around in the lobby and standing in line was excessive. They had a lot of help, but it seemed a little disorganized. I chalk it up to first day jitters and issues. It wasn't terrible, but I don't like to start my Disney day on anything less than a high note.

I'd stay here again, for sure. But being that the park is a destination, and can be done in two days (meaning a one night stay), I'd prefer to delay my next trip long enough to save up the difference, and simply stay at the Disneyland Hotel.