Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Published: December 29, 2007

The Lodge offers deluxe guestrooms with African-inspired decor and modern amenities, such as high-speed Internet access, coupled with views of exotic animals roaming the Animal's Kingdom's savannahs. Spa services and recreational activities are also available at this full-service resort, a multiple winner of Theme Park Insider's Award for World's Best Theme Park Hotel.

Jeff Krinock
I was there during the EPCOT food and wine festival. Our room only had two drawers. We were there for 5 days, and had nowhere to put our clothes! The bus experience was horrible. We knew that the only transportation was by bus, but it was not magical. I am not sure what I was expecting, but I was disappointed by the ride. The animals were nice to see, but I would not plan on staying here more than one night.
Patrick Osio
Not the Disney attitude I trained nor grew up with and defenitely not a good start to an upcoming vacation in September! My wife has spent hours of research, over several months, and all the other preparations necessary for that once in a lifetime "Magical" family vacation" to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Reservations confirmed so airline tickets were purchased, rental car booked and paid for. All that was left was for the upcoming date for it all to begin...... Until yesterday when my wife opened a letter from Walt Disney World Resort Guest Services stating that due to some specific issues the resort has with two (2) of the refrigerator models in their guest rooms that the decision was made to disconnect them from the affected rooms and are awaiting replacements. They apologize for any inconvenience and furnished a telephone number for any to call. We immediately called to inquire if our reserved room with the Savannah view was affected because a kitchenette is incomplete without a refrigerator and we couldn't afford their meal option plan for our entire family. The young man that answered was extremely unhelpful and made us feel as if we should understand that it is what it is. He wouldn't or couldn't offer any solutions nor guarantees that we would, at the very least, be taken care of other than to mention that there is an extremely large refrigerator in some restaurant if needed, as if we could go in and out of their kitchen with out groceries. What kind of customer service professional says this? When my wife asked to speak to a supervisor or manager she would be placed on hold only to have him come back on and say there wasn't anything he could do.This isn't the Disney vacation that we've dreamed of and saved our hard earned money for over a year. We invested quite a bit on passes to the parks and who knows if we can afford to fly cross country again. Anyway, we hung up with no resolution to what would have appeared to be such an easy fix. Compensate for the inability to use a key ingredient in the rental of those rooms. Imagine if the beds weren't available but our room had an excellent view and there were comfortable sofa's in the lobby. . I know my 7 year old wont notice the obvious stress my wife and i are now going through and he will, undoubtedly, have a great time but I cant say the same for my wife and I. It, quite suddenly and dramatically, doesn't feel like a vacation any longer. The Happiest Place on Earth just lost some of its luster for me. Guess we don't have too much choice but to "wait and see" as the person on the other end of the phone alluded to
Marie-Eve Landry
Although the location is not perfect, we thought the bus service (18 minutes to go to MK) was fast and excellent. The resort is beautiful, great ambiance. We loved it.
Mitchell Olson
While the Jamba House part of resort is beautiful, the Kidani Village has fairly major disadvantages. The first is that there is not a centralized snack shop and this was an issue with diabetes. The second is the remoteness of the resort itself. This makes for a problem not only of getting to any of the attraction areas but also from Kidani to Jamba! I was glad to have stayed here, but will not do so again.