Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Published: May 31, 2012

Opening in phases starting May 31, 2012, Disney's Art of Animation Resort is a "Value" hotel in the ESPN Wide World of Sports area, with 1,120 family suites and 840 rooms.

The Finding Nemo wing opened in May, with the other wings following later in the year: Cars on June 18, The Lion King on Aug. 10 and The Little Mermaid on Sept. 15.

JEANY SANCHEZ
I love Art of Animation and the shops and dining is right together to each other and The Cars Theme is awesome. Our Family are going to stay in the Disney's Art of Animation on September 2014!
Joshua Goodstein
Art of Animation is the best value resort on-property, hands down. All of the room sections are themed brilliantly, and the Little Mermaid rooms look great. Not over the top or incredibly detailed theming, but much better than the other values. I can't say anything about any of the suites because I haven't stayed in one, but they look a lot nicer than the standard rooms. The food court has great food (get the stuff from the Tandoori oven) and the gift shop is nice as well. I really like all of the concept art at the check-in area. For all it is, I say if you can only afford a value resort or off-property resort (never stay off-property at WDW), this is the one to pick. It's even better than the moderate hotels I've stayed at (which just amounts to the unnecessarily large and hard to navigate Caribbean Beach). However, if you can afford to stay at one of the resorts on the monorail or an Epcot area deluxe resort, stay there. The locations are a lot better.
charles henderson
This Resort gives you the most bang for your buck hands down. My Family and I stayed in the Art of Animation Resort, Finding Nemo suites of Mr. Rays. This and the Crush's hotel are set closest to the large Pool and the Main building. The rooms are large enough for the young ones to move about without hurting themselves and their adults(you know the way kids do). The Food court was great, the offerings did not feel or taste as if was from a Mall's food court. The theming was so immersive it was like you were in the movies. Disney needs to do more Resorts like this. The only knock would be it's location it is not central by no means but you pay a lot more for this size room if you go anywhere else that is Disney owned.
Will Sullivan
Greatly themed rooms and courtyards areas, plenty of space in the suites, and an excellent cafeteria/marketplace area with lots of offerings. Fantastic resort. I will definitely be back.
Kevin  Hughes
Just back from a six day Orlando trip, staying at the Art Of Animation resort. We stayed in a Cars Suite, with great amenities! There was a good size bedroom with private bath, a couch in the living room with pull out bed and a third bed was a Murphy pull down in the dining area! There was also a 2nd full bath and two tvs! We enjoyed the microwave, coffee pot, sink and fridge as well. The room was perfectly located near the smaller Cone pool, and only a short distance from the main building and restaurant. The large pool was not all that far away either. The food area was the best we have seen out of all the resorts we've stayed at with lots of types of food made fresh to order!

Buses ran close to schedule. Great theming throughout the resort, with life size Cars characters everywhere! Definitely will stay here again!

Jo M
I stayed in The Little Mermaid and, short of it being a pretty long walk (1500 steps per my pedometer) from that area of the property to the main building, I have no complaints. This resort is themed PERFECTLY, from the carpeting to the plants. My shower was Ariel's grotto. My inner nine-year-old went NUTS when I saw that. TLM section had plants that looked like seaweed, or had flowers in the same purple as Ariel's seashells (even the petals had a similar shape). The Lion King had long grasses that swayed in the breeze...and the music was hilarious. They have fun facts about the films on the walking paths around the buildings, and you MUST stop and look in the windows of the Cozy Cone...check out the postcards. If you are debating one of the All Stars vs. this one and your budget can handle it, stay here.
Meg T.
January 2013 was our first time to Disney World and I was unsure what resort to go with, and I have to say for choosing a resort this was an outstanding pick. There was plenty to see in the courtyards, movies every night for the families, huge swimming pool, and the rooms were very spacious. We stayed at the Lion King wing and loved every little detail of the rooms. We are actually planning on another trip in October and we will be staying at the same resort but trying the Nemo room for a different view :)
Melissa Faulkner
We stayed in the Finding Nemo section and it was adorable. The pool is huge and the music is piped in underwater. So nice. The family suites are a nice size and the mattresses are very comfortable. Kids as well as adults will enjoy this hotel.