Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Price Level: Moderate

Located a short drive from Disney's Animal Kingdom, this southwestern-themed hotel offers 1,915 guest rooms around a 22-acre lake.

Restaurants

Went to this resort in May of 2015, I wrote this review for a travel website but since I read this site all the time thought I should give back and contribute: Good Resort, Terrible Bus Service to the Magic Kingdom - Loved the resort itself but had 30 min to 60 min waits to buses to the Magic Kingdom. I have stayed at all the other moderate resorts and even All Star Resorts and never had this problem. If you love Magic Kingdom you may want to pick a different resort to stay at. When Disney is not running as many buses it takes way to long to get a bus unless you just get lucky. But any time we were walking to the bus stop and saw the MK Bus pull away we knew we were in for a long wait. Other buses ran on time. One afternoon I had to do laundry and I sat outside to watch the bus service. For a 30 minute period I counted 2 buses to Hollywood Studios, 3 to Animal Kingdom, 2 to Downtown Disney/Beach, 1 Epcot, 2 Blizzard Beach and 0 to Magic Kingdom. It doesn't do any good to complain to the bus drivers as their only response is the buses run every 20 minutes. Don't get me wrong I liked the resort, I would just like to see better bus service to Magic Kingdom. Did see a gator in the middle of the pond around the walk way, but FYI I was at this resort in 2015 before the incident that happened with the child that was killed at a different resort. Always a good idea to keep an eye out for gators when around waterways.
Of all of my visits to WDW over the last 30 years, this resort was the least Disney-like of any. Very poor service, we had to just laugh about it so we wasn't peeved the whole time. It's basically a big business complex for the business travelers and their companies.

Will never stay there again, well if they offered a free 5-night stay we'd give it some thought but it wouldn't be immediate! Some strange setups at the Pepper Market as well!

Although it's pretty nice, I'd choose somewhere else for the price. This is one of the biggest convention hotels, and it is HUGE. If you don't get lucky and get a room nearby, you'll have long walks to get to the resort amenities.

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter