Disney's Pop Century Resort

Price Level: Value

Located near Disney's Hollywood Studios, Pop Century celebrates popular culture of the 20th century with fanciful oversized icons placed throughout this motel-style resort with 2,880 guest rooms.

Restaurants

June 2, 2016 - This is the best of the value resorts. It is a good Disney hotel but don't expect a five star resort! I am giving it four stars for the fact that it had some of the best bus service to the parks I have experienced. There are no multiple stops. Also, you never had to wait a long time for a bus. The last resort I stayed at we had to wait forever to get a bus to the Magic Kingdom. Not so here, there was always a Magic Kingdom bus about every 10 to 15 minutes. For me this is a big deal and is the major reason why you usually stay on property, so that is why I mention it in all my Disney hotel reviews. This resort is good for family's on a budget but not so much if you are going to have a romantic get away. Food court is ok and resort itself is clean. The only real problem I had with this resort is that you have to go to the front desk to get pool towels. So if you are planning on going swimming I recommend at check in go ahead and ask for your pool towels so you don't have to make an extra trip or when coming back from a day at the parks stop at the front desk and ask for them. It is not my favorite resort but for the price and the way the bus system is set up at this resort, I would stay here again.
Just stayed here in February, 2016. Everything was generally good/solid -- the food court, the pools, the theming. It was definitely not fantastic, but a reasonable value for the price.

Nothing was outstanding, and it definitely seemed worse than the Art of Animation where we stayed last time; on the other hand, it felt newer and somehow cleaner than the All-Stars.

when comparing to other value Disney resorts it's one of the best. Theming was really cool, pool are was nice. Staff was overall pretty good and rooms were clean. No complaints outside of slow service at cafeteria a couple times during our stay not every time though. If your on property and are lookingyou are looking for a value resort pop is a good choice.
Pop had some pretty good amenities and everything was very clean, but the room itself apart from a few Disney touches inside the room is pretty much just a Motel 6 type room. They were also very noisy. You could hear everything going on in the rooms beside you and everything outside. I would stay here again but only if I was trying to go as cheap as possible for my vacation.
We stayed at the Pop Century back in 2012 for the first time. We were a little skeptical at first because of the busses were so crowded to our surprise we got on and off the bus without any problems. It had a nice selection for food in the food court. We are gonna stay there again when we go down this year. The cast members are very courteous and welcoming.

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter