Intimidator 305

A $25 million Giga Coaster from Intamin, Intimidator 305 is named after the late Dale Earnhardt's stock car. The name of the coaster references Earnhardt's nickname, his car number (3) and the height of the coaster, 305 feet. I305 includes three high speed turns and five air time humps. The trains are black, with the red Chevy logo, Dale Earnhardt's signature, and the Intimidator 305 logo on the front.

When the ride first opened, it reached a top speed of almost 95 mph following an 85-degree, 300-foot initial drop. However, frequent "blackout" complains and other issues led engineers to install trims on the freefall resulting in reduced speeds. A significant redesign of the first 1/3 of the coaster to address these problems has resulted in removal of the trims. The revamped ride opened during the 2011 season.

I305 is currently rated as the 13th best steel coaster on the planet by Amusement Today (2011).

Out of the 190 coasters I've ridden, I-305 is still my #1 coaster. I LOVE this ride! On my most recent trip to KD, I was able to ride it 26 times in six hours. I never get tired of it. I love the height, the speed, the sharp turns, the airtime. And the absolute best experience is riding in the front after dark. Wow. Just wow.
This ride is insane. You start with a vertical climb, and just drop 300 feet. It's VERY ROUGH, and it twists and turns and goes sideways and flips you over. KEEP IN MIND IT IS VERY ROUGH, and I nearly broke my neck (keep your neck back on the ride). I don't think I would do this ride again, because the roughness was unbearable.

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter