Diamondback

Ty Mullins

Published: January 19, 2013

A Bolliger & Mabillard Mega Coaster, Diamondback stands at 230 feet at it's highest point with a first drop of 215 feet at a 74 degree angle and it snakes it's way around 5,282 feet of track in exess of 80 miles per hour. The ride features 10 vertical drops overall including drops of 193, 131, 129, 110 and 106 feet, two helixes – one at 323 degrees and the other at 287 degrees – and a splashdown ending.

FastLane is available for this attraction.

AJ Hummel
While I really enjoyed the ride, I personally found it somewhere in the middle of the B&M hypers. In my opinion, the first half of the ride was good but the second half didn't really do much for me. Perhaps I had too high of expectations, as this is often considered the best of the Cedar Fair hypers, but although I still consider it a top tier coaster I do prefer Intimidator, Leviathan, and Nitro.
Joe Schwartz
A very smooth & quick B&M. Not a lot of air time. But a very good ride. Plenty of turns and a very nice water ending.
James Rao
Diamondback is smooth and powerful, and a very fine ride. The turnaround is excellent. Sadly, I think the ride loses a little bit of steam on the comeback, but it is still well above average. It compares favorably to Apollo’s Chariot at Busch Gardens Williamsburg but is not quite as good. 8-Commendable.
Randy Miller
This is the best steel coaster (currently) at the park. I love the world record "air-time" you experience. Would be even better if it went way out into the woods like the Beast, but oh well, there is still only one Beast. Still, Diamondback is a (10/10)
Bradley Keith
Diamondback is obviously the best at the park and it's line is not too long at the right times because they really keep it moving. Midday, however, is the time not to ride because the line is simply so long. I want to see more B&M here in the future, but who doesn't? People talk about how Cedar Fair ruined the park, but they brought in the two best coasters. Without the 2, the best coaster would be Flight of Fear, I guess. That's not good enough for a park that would be competing with Cedar Point.

Diamondback is the "star player" and signature coaster at Kings Island. Without it the park would seriously be very different. Diamondback is the one coaster at the park that you never can go wrong on if that makes since.

Lexi R
I really thought diamondback was a great ride. It is visually appealing from a distance, the queue featured a lost item box which always adds character in my opinion, and the restraint system/seating felt very open and free especially on the outer seats. I rode in the back of the train twice and felt lots of airtime.. I liked that the ride included several major hills but had more to it that a simple out and back. The splash down was unique as well. What took the ride from a (10/10) down to a (9/10) was that some of the transitions were rattley. Not rough or painful just not as smooth as I would hope for on a b and m.
Mike Brilhart
Not as good as Nitro, but one of the best at Kings Island without a doubt. 9/10
Edward Morgan
This had good airtime, but it did not deliver. I rode in the back and it was, well, shaky. It was the worst hyper coaster I have ridden. I felt that it was too short. I hope they never use this type of train again, I don't like it. I must say though there is some nice airtime on every hill. I just didn't like it as much as other hypers.
ed shaheen
Very smooth probully the smoothest ride i been on and the line goes pretty quick sadly i didnt feel that drop in my stomach:/ but i was definently fun! Ride the back seat you get wet at the splash down ending!
M. Ryan Traylor
Felt like I was back on Apollo's Chariot at BGW(E). Nice speed. Smooth. And I like the "three lefts to make a right" turns. Water splash was great to since wind was behind us and the back row got a spray.