Diamondback

A Bolliger & Mabillard Mega Coaster, Diamondback stands at 230 feet at it's highest point with a first drop of 215 feet at a 74 degree angle and it snakes it's way around 5,282 feet of track in exess of 80 miles per hour. The ride features 10 vertical drops overall including drops of 193, 131, 129, 110 and 106 feet, two helixes – one at 323 degrees and the other at 287 degrees – and a splashdown ending.

FastLane is available for this attraction.

This is an incredibly smooth coaster. There is some great floating airtime on this attraction especially on the second and third hills (the two after the lifthill). I'm not a huge fan of airtime, but it's fairly smooth and the third hill I though I was going to fall off lol. If it wasn't there, you still get a coaster with great helix elements, 80 mph top speed and of course the splashdown finale. Prior to this my favorite roller coaster of all time was the Beast (also at KI). Now it's too close to call. Rating: (10/10)
While I really enjoyed the ride, I personally found it somewhere in the middle of the B&M hypers. In my opinion, the first half of the ride was good but the second half didn't really do much for me. Perhaps I had too high of expectations, as this is often considered the best of the Cedar Fair hypers, but although I still consider it a top tier coaster I do prefer Intimidator, Leviathan, and Nitro.
A very smooth & quick B&M. Not a lot of air time. But a very good ride. Plenty of turns and a very nice water ending.
Diamondback is smooth and powerful, and a very fine ride. The turnaround is excellent. Sadly, I think the ride loses a little bit of steam on the comeback, but it is still well above average. It compares favorably to Apollo’s Chariot at Busch Gardens Williamsburg but is not quite as good. 8-Commendable.

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter