Just Published: Theme Park Insider: 2016 Year in Review

Vortex

An Arrow mega-looper that featured more inversions (six) than any other roller coaster on the planet when it opened in 1987. The ride features two vertical loops, two corkscrews, and a batwing.

FastLane is available on this attraction.

This was quite painful. The first drop and couple of loops were alright, but the rest was too much. As I am able to walk back to my computer and sit down, I give this Rating: (6/10)
No, this is not a great coaster, but I didn't think the ride was terrible either. Yes, it is true that the ride has a good first drop and you more endure than enjoy the remainder. Worth riding if you want to experience the original Arrow megalooper.
Do not like the Vortex at all. As with most arrow coasters. This one beats the crap out of you.
I did indeed brave the old Arrow looper, Vortex. And you know what, it wasn’t too bad. Sure, you can’t completely relax and enjoy the ride or you will end up with a headache, but for an older coaster, Vortex still has its charms. I rode in the front seat, and had a decent enough ride, especially since two trains were running and the ride was a walk on. Short waits usually mean decent ride experiences! 6-Fair.
I officially RETIRED from riding the Vortex on my last visit as it beat the living $h!t out of me. Riding in the last seat proved to be a bad choice as my head was whipped back coming out of the first loop and cracked along the head rest's edge. (and I'm only 6 ft tall!) I suffered from an incredible migrane (possible slight concussion) the rest of the day and was miserable. This once great Arrow looper needs to go away for a more modern coaster.