Wild Arctic

Simulator ride

Published: March 30, 2014

Fly in a "jet helicopter" to an Arctic research station and check out the wildlife — it's Star Tours meets Wild Kingdom. The elaborately-themed walk-through "research station" afterward includes exhibits of polar bears, walruses, and beluga whales, which you can enjoy at your convenience. During the Holidays, SeaWorld replaces the usual helicopter film with one featuring The Polar Express, which will be taking you to the North Pole, which is where that Arctic research station just happens to be, right?

Christopher Sturniolo
Still very dated, but where are the animals?
Jonathan R
When I rode it the motions were not aligned with the video (about 1-2 seconds behind). I'm sure that's why a lot of people report nausea.
Owen  Scott
Don't really remember the ride, if that says anything
Sara Patterson
For starters, I'll start by saying I am a teacher in the great state of Florida.... And also a theme park enthusiast. SeaWorld being one of my favorite experiences. The animals and shows are amazing. However, steer clear of the Wld Arctic "simulator ride". If you get even the slightest touch of motion sickness this ride is not for you. Today I rode it for the first time with my fiancé. It is jerky to say the least. Imagine watching tv while someone is shaking the seat and room. Horrific. Needless to say, I got so sick I thought I was going to pass out. There was nobody on or near the ride monitoring the guests that are enclosed in that death trap. I was screaming at the top of my lungs to get let off of the ride. Everyone could hear me inside, but nobody could do anything. After 5 minutes of pure misery, the doors swung open. My fiancé helped me out and I collapsed on the floor. Not ONE employee asked me if I needed assistance...or other guests for that matter. Disappointing.
Derek Morse
The actual simulator is extremely dated and very jerky. The animal exhibits are top notch, with beluga whales, a walrus, and a HUGE polar bear. Also excellent theming in the walkthrough portion after the ride.
Jack Ainslie
The simulator is extremely jerky and the doors make a lot of noise but on the other hand the animal exhibits are excellent
D H
The ride is hardly perfect and makes you feel slightly weezy but afterwards when your "at the Arctic" is pretty cool. I feel sorry for the animals in such small spaces in it though! 7/10