Outlaw Run

James Rao

Published: March 14, 2013

This Rocky Mountain Construction Company wooden roller coaster with a steel "Topper" track debuted in March 2013. It features the world's steepest drop for a wooden coaster, an 81-degree initial drop of 162 feet. The coaster tops out at 68 mph, making it the second-fastest wooden coaster in the world. And it is the only wooden-framed coaster to feature an inversion -- a double barrel roll.

Roger S
What a blast! There's nowhere to catch your breath on this crazy thing. It provides constant twists and turns and airtime. It may not be the tallest, fastest or longest coaster, but it's definitely one of the best. It's hard to think of this as a wood coaster, because it's as smooth as a steel. The barrel roll at the end is really cool - it's slightly uphill, so it slows down as you go through it and makes you feel like you're falling out of your seat. Replaces The Voyage as my favorite wooden coaster, and is my #3 coaster overall. LOVE this ride! My only complaint - the loading times were often tediously slooooow.
Will Gibson
Wow! There is airtime around every turn on this coaster. It speeds through every element until the final barrel roll where it slows down and threatens to dump you out of your seat. I give it a 10 and it's my 2nd favorite coaster after Maverick.
Bobbie Butterfield
This coaster has it all - aggressive thrills, airtime, novelty - and threatens to displace El Toro as my all-time favorite woodie. The 162-foot drop at an 81-degree angle is breathtaking and the double barrel roll nearly blew me away. The 153-degree overbanked turn isn't too shabby, either, and the airtime is such that I almost lost my shirt. Outlaw Run offers a pretty wild ride and is one of the best coasters I've ever ridden.
James Rao
Outlaw Run is unlike any coaster on the planet. Constructed from the ground up to utilize Silver Dollar City's varied and hilly terrain, this wooden coaster packs a wallop of entertaining elements into a fairly compact ride experience. There are eight key elements along the course including an 81-degree first drop and three inversions – all of which serve to keep the ride exhilarating and action packed from beginning to end. I rate Outlaw Run "9-Outstanding".