Wildfire

James Rao

Published: March 8, 2010

Built by Bolliger & Mabillard, Wildfire is the tallest and fastest ride at SDC. This sit-down coaster features a highly themed station, four-across seating, a 150-foot first drop, speeds in excess of 65 mph, and several inversions including an Immelmann loop, a large standard loop, a cobra roll, and a corkscrew. However, the most striking aspect of the coaster is how it sits on the outskirts of the park on a hill, making all the highs seem higher, and the drops seem steeper.

Jeff Dalbow
Fun. A little short. But overall an enjoyable coaster.
Roger S
This a GOOD coaster. I really love the first drop - it's scarier than it looks! This a very enjoyable ride. It is smooth and provides some good thrills and fun.
Bobbie Butterfield
Wildfire is not dissimilar to other B&M looping steel coasters I’ve ridden but there is one notable difference. Most coasters of this type descend the initial drop at an angle before entering the first inversion but the drop on Wildfire is straight down. That alone gives it an edge. The Immelmann loop, vertical loop, cobra roll and corkscrew are nice elements and it's a good ride. I found Wildfire to be a cut above other coasters of similar design.
Bradley Keith
I wish B&M would make more loopers these days. The seats are very comfortable, and everything about them is great. They're perfect for parks like this, ones that have under 5 coasters.
Tim Chatlos
A perfectly fine B&M, but its setting really is what makes this ride special.
Will Gibson
I don't know why but I really don't like Wildfire. Every time I get on it I feel like I'm going to get sick. Intensity: 9/10