Nitro

B & M offers up this one-mile coaster, with a 215-foot drop and 80 mph top speed. *Part of the Adventure Seaport for the 2012 season*

Used to think it was great but it doesn't have airtime anymore.
Another fantastic B&M Hyper. This ranks up there as one of the better ones. 10/10
I guess I'm in the minority here. I found Nitro to be a nice smooth ride, but not very thrilling. The only part that provided any kind of excitement for me was the first drop. After that, I thought the ride was good but not great. I just don't get a big thrill out of long floater airtime, which seems to be a staple of many B&M coasters.
Nitro is an amazing experience that EVERYONE should ride. While it may not be as intense as skyrush with its ejector airtime, Nitro is a blast. The ride utilizes floater airtime, so it is a very loose and fun attraction. The first drop is not as great as I hoped, but after the first turn nitro starts its airtime. After a few hills it goes in to a semi-intense helix with a near gray-out. The finish (my favorite part) is amazing. With many smooth airtime hills, you just can't help to not let out a giggle. From the beginning to the end Nitro delivers a Excellent-Perfect airtime filled experience. 9.5/10 :)
Six Flags Great Adventure holds something pretty rare in amusement parks - two roller coasters with every attribute you would want in a ride, combined together to make sheer perfection. Nitro is one of the two rides (El Toro being the other). This gorgeous coaster is by far the smoothest ride I've ever ridden, and has amazing airtime on each of the hills. It's huge at 230 ft tall, and the seats, like most B&M hypercoasters, are the most comfortable in the park. The duration is very long and the line is worth every second. The feeling of being that free while going over the hills is a sensation unmatched in the park. Easily a 10/10.
This is the only ride in all of Great Adventure I would rate perfect. As roller coaster junkie this ride still thrills me after what feels like the hundredth time I've ridden it. There is actually nothing this ride does wrong, from the initial huge drop to the hills by the trees this ride really never gets old and is easily in my top 5 roller coasters in the world.
(10/10)
I'm in the minority but I caught tons of ejector air on this beast yesterday. Last ride of the day, back row with nothing but my butt touching the ride and it tried to lift me out the whole time. Not quite Skyrush but totally different from the floaty Cloud coaster rides I had in the middle of the train with feet on the floor.

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter