Welcome to Theme Park Insider! Join the community or log in
Facebook Twitter YouTube Email Newsletter

The Whizzer reviews

Theme Park Insider readers offer their ratings and reviews for The Whizzer, a roller coaster at Six Flags Great America. (The minimum height to ride is 36 inches.)

Submit Photo

Written by
Posted: September 24, 2008

First known as the Willard's Whizzer, The Whizzer is a classic family coaster, great for first timers. It is one of the oldest roller coasters in the park and boasts to be one of the few in the country with a spiral lift.

[Update this description]

Readers' rating:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 votes, so far

I'm giving this coaster a 10/10 for a multitude of reasons. First off, this coaster is extremely smooth for a ride of its age. At no point in the ride will it give you pain of any sort, even when your hands are up. Second, it's a great family coaster. It's intense enough to thrill the craziest of thrill-seekers while still being gentle enough for little kids who have probably never ridden a roller coaster before. Finally, this coaster has great sentimental value to me. It was the one coaster that gave me my strong love for roller coasters when I was only four years old. If it weren't for this coaster, I would have never been the coaster enthusiast that I am today. I have made so many memories on this coaster, and I'm so thankful that it is still operating. - Kevin Lynch

Really smooth fun family coaster. I enjoyed it for the ride it is. - Andrew Dougherty

The Whizzer is just a plain fun ride that everyone enjoys. It was the first coaster in the park, yet still is one of the smoothest. Only one like it in America! - Joey Till

Planning a trip to Orlando?

Walt Disney World

Insider's Pick: Get all the best advice from ThemeParkInsider.com in one convenient book! Theme Park Insider Orlando 2014 offers you the insight, background, and how-to skills that will help you enjoy Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando like, well, a theme park insider. Save yourself time and money by learning how to visit the Orlando-area theme parks the insiders' way.

Get it! In paperback | For Kindle | For iBooks