Viper

David Sell

Submit Photo

Published: September 2, 2007

Viper is a classic wooden roller coaster. Viper is a clone of the Cyclone at Coney Island, NY, one of the two wooden coasters located at Six Flags Great America and is a highly popular ride.

AJ Hummel
Viper was a bit of a disappointment, as I always hear amazing things about the ride. While I enjoyed the ride, I didn't think it was spectacular. The ride is known for having a ton of airtime, but I personally thought Raging Bull had more. Good, but not worth more than an hour wait.
Eric Stumpf
After being a seasons' passholder for many years, I can now safely say that Viper is the best ride in the park. Why? Simple--the coaster runs without trim brakes. Bull and Eagle have midcourse trims that slow down the train, but not Viper--it runs at full tilt. Oh, and that double-down is heavenly. Terrific headchopper effects, a compact layout, and riding it at night in the back row is an experience like noneother. I've been on the original Coney Island Cyclone, and Viper is damn near the next best thing. 9.5/10
Mike Brilhart
Not as good as the original Cyclone at Coney Island, but probably the best of the remaining cyclone "clones" still around (RIP Texas Cyclone, Psyclone)

Viper delivers an enjoyable ride; it's not terribly rough like some other woodies are, but it's not smooth as glass like El Toro. Just like a wooden coaster should, not to smooth, but not to rough.

raging bull
This coaster is awesome! It is my favorite wooden coaster. (When I was at Six Flags Magic Mountain I didn't get to ride Apocolypse) It has intense airtime especially in the back seat. Also the line moves very fast for Six Flags coasters.
Andrew Dougherty
I really hated this coaster. It was bumpy hurt and was exteremelly uncomfortable. I really didn't enjoy it.
Joey Till
Viper comes alive in the dark, and is a beast in the light as well. Great airtime for this coaster. If its one thing that Great America has that is better than any other park, its there two GREAT wooden coasters.