X-Flight

Published: May 23, 2012

Designed by Bolliger & Mabillard, X-Flight takes riders on a flight with no track above or below them. Riders sit in pairs, suspended on either side of the track with their feet dangling. The coaster hits speeds of up to 55mph through 3,000 feet of intense drops and five inversions, including a barrel roll and zero-g roll. One of the biggest features will be the near "key hole" fly through buildings.

X-Flight opened May 11, 2012.

Roger S
A fun ride. I enjoyed it a lot more than Gatekeeper at CP. It's very smooth, and it has a lot of fun elements.
Jeremy Sheley
A very smooth ride that was a ton of fun. One of the best in the park!
Mike Brilhart
This ride was a hell of a lot better than Iron Wolf, which found it's way to my hometown park (Six Flags America) for the 2012 Season. I got to experience X-Flight completely by random chance. On a road trip across the country, we had planed to visit Holiday World, only to find out it was closed all week. So we hit Great America instead; and honestly, I think we had a much better time than we would have at Holiday World.

X-Flight is very nicely themed, and the close encounter with the key hole is a coaster moment you just have to experience to appreciate. Defiantly one of my top coasters, and one of the best at Great America.

raging bull
This ride was over-hyped, but is still a great ride. The first dive drop and the last heartline roll through the control tower makes this ride outstanding. 9/10
Andrew Dougherty
Best coaster in the park by a landslide. I loved it. Really intense inversions too.
Joey Till
X-Flight, when opened, prooved that all the hype of B&M's wingrider design beeing forceless were proven wrong. X-Flight brings the thrills right from the start with the openening diving loop and finishes with a thrilling heartline roll through its keyhole element. Must Ride!
Alex Gamso
It was quite intense being on the outside. Loved every second of it.
Anthony Murphy
Perfect pairing of scenery and thrills on this roller coaster. It is also one of the smoothest I have been on in the park!