X2

Published: April 26, 2010

Six Flags Magic Mountain's X2 is a revamped version of the California amusement park's "X," the 4-D roller coaster that proved to be the undoing of Arrow Dynamics.

X2 offers lighter, stronger passenger trains than X, as well as on-ride fog and fire effects. X2's seats are mounted to the side of the track, allowing them to rotate in synch with track elements.

You start with a 200-foot face-down dive, then flip heels over head into a raven turn. At some moments, you're riding forward, others backward. All told, riding on Magic Mountain's X2 is like riding a compilation of best moments from other roller coasters.

Nick Mitchell
There is no other ride in the country as unique and cool a X2. It will always be one of my all time favorite coasters.
Mike Brilhart
I need to give X2 another chance. As one of the few coasters I've ever ridden where I truly scared for what awaited me, it stands out. The ride is one of a kind, but it wasn't exactly smooth, which I should have seen coming as it is an Arrow Dynamics creation. There was a substantial amount of thigh-beating jolts near the end of the ride that really knocked some points off it in my book. The restraints are also extremely awkward and give you nothing to really hold onto. It's an experience you won't soon forget, but I wouldn't dare say it's as enjoyable as Tatsu or even Colossus. 8/10
Super Sam
Here's the thing about this coaster: the thrill of it is that you think that you're going to fall out of your seat. Since it's been around for 12 years, it has gotten really rough. It is definitely worth going on though. Also, I got a flash pass the day I went on this ride. It was worth it, but the fire and music didn't work. I thought because of that, they should refund me. So in other words, I rode X in 2014. This coaster deserves four out of five stars.
Nathan Goldberg
Pretty good in all. The first time sucked at the end because by brother couldn't do other stuff after because he banged his chin, otherwise it was a good ride. Fairly smooth. Not exactly scary though. Mostly safe, just watch out at the end and be sure you don't hit your chin in the restraints.