Welcome to Theme Park Insider! Join the community or log in
Facebook Twitter YouTube Email Newsletter

X2 reviews

Theme Park Insider readers offer their ratings and reviews for X2, a roller coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain. (The minimum height to ride is 48 inches.)

Written by
Theme Park Insider Editor
Posted: April 26, 2010

Six Flags Magic Mountain's X2 is a revamped version of the California amusement park's "X," the 4-D roller coaster that proved to be the undoing of Arrow Dynamics.

X2 offers lighter, stronger passenger trains than X, as well as on-ride fog and fire effects. X2's seats are mounted to the side of the track, allowing them to rotate in synch with track elements.

You start with a 200-foot face-down dive, then flip heels over head into a raven turn. At some moments, you're riding forward, others backward. All told, riding on Magic Mountain's X2 is like riding a compilation of best moments from other roller coasters.

[Update this description]

Readers' rating:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
92 votes, so far

There is no other ride in the country as unique and cool a X2. It will always be one of my all time favorite coasters. - Nick Mitchell

I need to give X2 another chance. As one of the few coasters I've ever ridden where I truly scared for what awaited me, it stands out. The ride is one of a kind, but it wasn't exactly smooth, which I should have seen coming as it is an Arrow Dynamics creation. There was a substantial amount of thigh-beating jolts near the end of the ride that really knocked some points off it in my book. The restraints are also extremely awkward and give you nothing to really hold onto. It's an experience you won't soon forget, but I wouldn't dare say it's as enjoyable as Tatsu or even Colossus. 8/10 - Mike Brilhart

Here's the thing about this coaster: the thrill of it is that you think that you're going to fall out of your seat. Since it's been around for 12 years, it has gotten really rough. It is definitely worth going on though. Also, I got a flash pass the day I went on this ride. It was worth it, but the fire and music didn't work. I thought because of that, they should refund me. So in other words, I rode X in 2014. This coaster deserves four out of five stars. - Super Sam

Pretty good in all. The first time sucked at the end because by brother couldn't do other stuff after because he banged his chin, otherwise it was a good ride. Fairly smooth. Not exactly scary though. Mostly safe, just watch out at the end and be sure you don't hit your chin in the restraints. - Nathan Goldberg

What's it like to work at Disney World?

Working at Disney World

Insider's Pick: Ever wondered what it would be like to work at the Walt Disney World Resort? Stories from a Theme Park Insider offers more than 100 pages of fun, insightful, and even sometimes touching stories from people who've worked at Disney World's Magic Kingdom. It's a great way to get in the mood for your next trip to Orlando, or just to keep the memories of a Disney World visit alive.

Get it! In paperback | For Kindle | For iBooks