Yosemite Sam and the Gold River Adventure

Boat ride

Photo of Yosemite Sam and the Gold River Adventure

Submit Photo

An Arrow Dynamics water dark ride. Follow Bugs Bunny and pals on this boat ride through an old west cartoon as they try to capture Yosemite Sam.

Yosemite Sam and the Gold River Adventure is a Flash Pass attraction.

It has engaging storyline and more movement and better sets than some of Disney's old classic dark rides. Yes, it could use some TLC, yet on my visit in 2016, most of the effects and animatronics were working. Need to fix the loading dock, where boats were stuck, and some of the figures could use some new paint and fur, too. I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked this ride and how happy I was to see the classic characters in action instead of as props above carny spinners.
I've watched this ride deteriorate since it was re-themed with looney tunes back in the 1990's. Back then, all the animatronics worked and it all looked good. Over the years, it's like they have barely bothered to dust the figures off. They are dirty and dusty and a lot of their mouths no longer move. Little things like black marks on Daffy Duck's beak just bother me. Tons of potential in this one if they would give it some TLC.