Screamin Eagle

James Rao

Published: September 26, 2010

The Screamin' Eagle was the longest (3872'), tallest (110'), and fastest (62 mph) wooden roller coaster in the county when it was built in 1976. Now dilapidated and unkempt, Screamin' Eagle is no longer ranked among the top 50 woodies and has fallen out of the top ten in all the categories listed above.

Zach J
This is a great ride! A little bumpy, but still a great one! This is one of my favorites.
Randy Miller
I have seen a lot of positive reviews of this coaster, but I have to say that I did not like it all that much. It is a classic out-and-back but very "squeaky" (I guess that was the screamin' part?) Anyway, I'm giving it a 7/10.
Lexi R
Shockingly good. I had heard from a friend that this ride was unbearably rough but I have a pretty high tolerance for woodies. By the fourth ride I felt the headache coming on, but it was still a lot of fun. From the queue people had thrown coins, hair bands, bracelets, and other items on to a nearby roof. Can't believe I am saying this, but I am actually glad the staff did not clear it off. It was a pretty impressive collection that our entire group paused to enjoy. I love that the coaster's lift does not end immediately with the initial drop. This first drop offers some quality air time and so do all the rest of the many dips on this old out and back. Feels like the train is moving very quickly but the actual ride lasts a good amount of time. This is one of my new favorite woodies. (9/10)
Edward Morgan
What a surprise! This gave Evel Knievel (now American Thunder) some competition for the best of the park! It works very well with the terrain and has some amazing airtime, but the roughness factor barely puts it below Evel Knievel. I just liked Evel Knievel more ecause of it's variety of twists and drops. 9/10
Edward Morgan
Joey Till
Now this is a classic coaster! the third hill seems bigger than the first dosn't it? Superior classic wooden coaster that is so fun to ride at night. Great classic thrills.
Tim Hillman
If you're a fan of the "out and back" style of wooden coasters with the big hills at the beginning and the bunny hops at the end for airtime, this is a great coaster. I enjoyed it tremendously.
Roger S
A very good old wooden coaster. I liked the air time, and I didn't find it too rough. Front seat was the least rough and the best ride experience.
Adrienne McDonald
Second coaster I ever rode. Waited 2.5 hrs to ride this & when I rode it, I didn't know about air time as I was a 'newbie' & thought it was dangerous due to the 'coming out of my seat' factor but now that I know better, I'd definitly like to ride it again.