The Boss

James Rao

Published: July 25, 2015

When it opened in 2000 The Boss was considered one of the top wooden coasters in the country (the 2014 Amusement Today listing has The Boss at #48 among wooden coasters). Standing 122 ft. tall this coaster features a 150 ft. double down first drop and three more like it throughout the course. Hitting speeds of over 66 mph The Boss is one of the fastest wooden coasters in the world, and at over 5050 feet, one of the longest as well.

Roger S
Ten years ago, this was my favorite ride at SFSL and one of my favorite coasters overall. When I returned in 2015, the ride had gotten quite a bit rougher, and I could no longer handle multiple rides like I had before. It has a great layout with some unique elements, and I still really like this coaster. It's just vibrating a little too much these days.
Zach J
The Boss is an okay ride, but it is WAY too rough. I am constantly seeing little kids hop on this and have the best time. To be honest, I do not know how they do it! The helix at the end is the roughest part. I had to go to first aid after riding this because I had thought I broke a rib. Give this ride a try, but brace your self because it is rough from when you pull out of the station, to when you hit the brakes.
Joey Till
The Boss and its roughness can either make you never ride it again, or keep you coming back for more. The boss is pretty rough and crazy. But i like it due to its nice big drops, and intensity. You kinda half to embrace its rough side. I like it atleast!
Tim Hillman
The Boss could be a great coaster. The drops are terrific, the layout is excellent, and this is one of the longest wooden coasters I've been on. The only problem is that it is way too rough! The jarring and vibration were so bad that I could barely focus my eyesight. About halfway through the ride I was wishing I hadn't got on it.
I'm not sure why the track was so rough because the other wooden coasters in the park were relatively smooth for a wooden coaster. Maybe it is due for some rehab when the season ends, but I know that I'll never get on it again unless I hear that the track has been realigned.
Ben Pope
Probably the best wooden coaster I've ever been on! It has quite a long layout, and is pretty rough, but I think that adds to the fun!