Splash Mountain

Flume Ride

This ride is amazing. I would say it is the best Splash Mountain actually. However, it isn't my favorite. I just think the southern American accents are so vital to the ride, and WDW just nails this southern vibe. The colors, characters, and music is just perfect for the story it's telling. However, this is no fault of this version's. I mean, of course it is in Japanese. This is a theme park in Japan. However, it doesn't mean I can't prefer one version for having the exact songs and voices I love so much. Still, on an animatronics basis, this one destroys both versions. The setpieces themselves are usually fantastic (not a fan of the hanging "leaves" that really just look like paper). I usually wouldn't be so hard on a ride, but it is a version of what has been my favorite ride for years. I think it's better on paper but inferior in real life. Still, I love it. 10/10
The best version. The queue is extra crazy and immersive as it weaves through caverns. Plus the mountain itself sprawls much wider than the American counterparts. And the pacing is excellent.
Splash Mountain is always amazing! LOVE IT!
The best version of a great attraction. Dialogue and some songs are in Japanese, but "Ev'rybody Has a Laughing Place" was in English, which came as a fun surprise. Each scene was completely immersive, and the level of cleanliness and maintenance was astounding.
I've ridden the Splash Mountains in California and Florida and except for one small thing, this is the best Splash Mountain. That small thing is the boats. It wasn't just here, but on many TDLR rides we discovered the ride vehicles were not build for the larger sized American tourist. Because of the side by side seating arrangement, the divider between seats AND the crotch bump (intended to prevent a person from sliding down under the lap bar to get out) it was a very uncomfortable ride.
The ride however was fantastic. The best thing about it was the pacing of the flume. In Disneyland the boats float SO quickly past show scenes you lose the story. Here the pace is much slower. Additionally, like all the other water rides at TDLR, the water looked and smelled remarkably clean and fresh. It was also obvious that the ride had been designed to keep riders relatively dry. There was misters blowing water on the passing boats at the bottom of the big drop, that got our faces wet, our clothing stayed dry.
I also noticed that the unload staff was drying seats of each boat before dispatching it to load.

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter