20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Dark ride

Published: March 10, 2014

Tokyo DisneySea's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is not a clone of the submarine ride that ran for many years at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. You'll find a duplicate of one of the old Nautilus ride vehicles moored in the lagoon at the center of Mysterious Island, but the ride itself is a dry dark ride that simulates an underwater adventure in a deep sea diving bell.

On board, you're sitting on one of three two-person benches inside the submersible, each with its own window. Using your joystick, you can control the lights that illuminate some of the mysteries awaiting your discovery in the deep. You're searching for the lost continent of Atlantis, and along the way, you will encounter a ship's graveyard in "Kraken Reef" and a surprise encounter in "Lucifer's Trench."

Michael Weissman
What a fun little ride. The ride car is pretty cool here, reminded me of something out of the game Bioshock, and I couldn't help but think I was headed to Rapture on my way down. +10 points in my book already. Not understanding Japanese, the ride was just "look at all this cool stuff under the sea", which I think would have been pretty much the same even if I understood what was being said. Some cool lightning effects and overall a fun experience. This was the first ride of the day after getting fastpasses for Journey.
I recommend you do the same.
Brendan Harrison
An awesome experience, it has that interactive element( you get to control the lights) and the submarine is enclosed, and its small. a great ride for those who wants adventure!