Magellan's

Table service Restaurant

Magellan's offers fine dining inside the park's Fortress Explorations Citadel. Join the Society of Explorers and Adventurers [SEA] for a multi-course meal in a Renaissance setting.

Multi-course, fixed-price menu sets have included main courses such as Miyazaki Beef Filet with Red Wine Sauce, Red Wine-Braised Beef Cheek, Sauteed and Fried-Wrapped Lobster with Fresh Tomato Sauce, Roasted Breast of Duck with Orange Sauce, and a daily Fresh Fish selection. Prices range from 4500-7500 yen (about US$50-$80) for the four-course meal.

We made reservations at the host stand out front as we were starting the day. It was our first day in Japan after flying in the night before, and I knew it would be a good idea to have a nice, quiet, sit down meal that night as I was sure jet lag would be setting in. Boy did we make a good choice. The menu is all prefix. Prices based on the exchange rate were to our advantage and much less than we had expected. The room is lovely, and reminds me quite a bit of the now defunct Adventurer's Club at Pleasure Island. We each chose different courses with the plan of trying as many options as possible. There wasn't a weak plate among them. Getting refills of iced tea and bread and butter were also a great benefit when we were tired and starving. It was a wonderful meal, and I can't recommend it highly enough.
I just sat at the bar and had a few drinks while waiting for Fantasmic. The theme throughout is amazing. You wouldn't think that there would be such a quiet place right in the middle of a Disney park. The drinks were about $10 each, but they slice the lime for a Cuba Libre like they were doing surgery. Unfortunately they closed pretty early (the park closed at 6:30 for a special event), and they very politely kicked me out around 5. A great place to go to just get a drink and relax.