E.T. Adventure

Track Ride

Another of the few attractions that date from the park's 1990 opening, you ride on bicycles flying through the air, as you try to help E.T. escape to his ship and fly home.

we haven't ridden it.
I'll be really sad when it goes but will understand why. Its getting old but still a MUST for me when I go.
E.T is the perfect nostalgia ride. Some people compare this ride with Peter Pan's Flight and I understand why, but E.T is far superior to his Fantasyland rival. Probably I think like that because E.T is one of my favorite films of all time as well as my favorite Steven Spielberg film but the entire experience is a lot more satisfying. When we cross Los Angeles with our bikes and we can hear the superb John Williams music I can't help it: I feel a thousand emotions. The green planet scenes are amazing pieces of dark ride: terrific animatronics, music, lighting and even water effects. Of course, at the end E.T says your name and that little touch is very special. 10/10.
While not as advanced and popular as some other attractions, the nostalgia factor can't be ignored. I do miss the goodbye at the end. 7/10
Kids, don't do drugs. Ride the ET Adventure.
We love this ride. Great queue and nostalgic ride. It always brings a big smile to my girlfriend's face when they pronounce her obscure name correctly. It's always our first and last rides during our Universal vacations.
As the only ride left at the park that has been open since June, 7th, 1990, E.T. is a definite classic. From the queue to the exit, you are thoroughly entrenched in Spielberg's world. However with the Kid Zone revamp eventually coming, it may be our last chance to ride this. 8/10
My favorite queue for any ride in the country. The forest setting is exceptionally well done and the highlight of the ride. The ride itself is an almost 24 year old family attraction that is still worth a visit to E.T.'s forest and home planet. The E.T. at the end who says your name is becoming harder to understand though as time passes, but its often funny how it says your name and those of your group.
Has this ride been updated since the 80's? It seriously doesn't feel so. Outdated animatronics, hilariously out-of-feel 'story' and the best part (riding over the town) is something I've seen in other rides, although I'll admit it was done well in this one. 2/10.
It's not often that the ride vehicle is part of a ride but here it's done to perfection and I love it.
I must say that this is my favorite queue of any ride, ever! And I have been to a lot of parks in my time. Also, the first half is awesome, but definitely in need of new animatronic people. However, the end of the ride (E.T.s home world) needs to be scrapped and redone completely. It feels cheesy and doesn't seem to fit the ride at all. I have been to Universal 13 times and have been going on this ride ever since I was 9. I would hate to see this ride close...but I would love to see it updated.