Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

Roller Coaster

Each rider gets to choose a song to listen to while riding this Maurer Söhne roller coaster, which debuted in 2009. You're not limited the songs Universal offers you, however. If you press the Rip, Ride, Rockit logo on your selection screen when you board, and hold it down for five seconds, you'll access the "easter egg" -- a keypad which allows you to enter any three-digit song code. That makes hundreds of other songs available. Here's the list we've compiled, but be warned that the song lineup can change.
#101 – The Temples of Syrinx by Rush
#901 – Movin’ Right Along by Kermit The Frog and Fozzy Bear
#902 – Rainbow Connection by The Muppets
#903 – Your Attitude Towards Cuttlefish by Paper Moon
#904 – Night on Bald Mountain by Modest Mussorgsky

As for the ride itself, it's a top speed of 65 mph and includes several non-inverting loops (which means that the track twists so that you don't actually go all the way upside-down). Riders have criticized the coaster for frequent downtimes and a rough ride, but Universal began installing new trains in late 2013 in the hopes of creating a smoother ride.

Rough and unconformable. Should have been a B&M!
VERY ROUGH and the inversions were rough.
I don't get why this is so low rated. I think its one of the best roller coasters in Orlando. I don't find it rough at all. Hulk is way worse for that!
I really like how you can choose what song you would like to listen to while you ride. That's probably the only positive I can say about this attraction. In all honesty it's a rough ride. It doesn't help that you start with a vertical lift hill and then turn right into a drop that is probably at 70-80 degree decline. Rating: (5/10)
This ride is so rough it hurted my back while I was on it. The rockin roller coaster is a million times better then this roller coaster.
If made much smoother then it'd be way better but for now 7/10
A tad rough, but with the choice of your own song, this is a unique experience. 8/10
I declined riding this attraction after hearing the instructions that no items are allowed in pockets on ride. They wouldn't allow my wallet to be in a back buttoned pocket. I gladly stepped aside and moved on to other attractions in the park.

I used to really enjoy this coaster, but my last few rides on it have been downright unpleasant. Uncomfortable and bumpy to the max! The last time I rode I left the park directly after, my head was killing me :(
Rip Ride Rockit (or what I call it, Rough Ride Rockit) is a one of a kind roller coaster that uses speakers embedded into the seats of the ride. As soon as you board the ride, you choose from a library of songs that give you a soundtrack to ride along with. The reason why I call it Rough Ride Rockit is because this roller coaster is (in my opinion) the roughest roller coaster on Universal property and maybe all of Central Florida. Rip ride Rockit tends to have lots of downtime but when it is running it has a long line and seems to be popular. Overall I would give Rip Ride Rockit a 5/10.
It has horrendously long line no matter what line you choose, which is because the ride only loads 2 people per row. The ride is rough and jerky. However it has a pretty good music selection. I guess it is OKAY.
the ride while cool in some respects if ROUGH as hell. I could not really hear the music over the car noise/
It a long ride with several sections of fast and slow. Will not ride again i felt bad after the ride from all the jarring.
An amazing coaster that offers a lengthy and varied ride experience. The music offers some good songs and definitely adds to the experience. My advice for this, is ride it when you can immediately. Don't wait until later. The ride experiences frequent shut downs and will cease operation if even a few rain drops are falling from the sky. The uphill climb is way cool and the ride in general is awesome. Don't miss it!