Universal Studios Florida

Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon

Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon is a flying theater in New York at Universal Studios Florida. It's worth seeing on a time-permitting basis.

Photo of Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon

Universal's first flying theater attraction, Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon features NBC's Tonight Show host in a 3D comedic adventure through the city. The attraction also includes a walk-through exhibit on the history of The Tonight Show and an upstairs "green room" featuring live performances by the Ragtime Gals.

Reviews of Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon

How do you rate this?
A "best in the park" must-do
Not a must-do, but also recommended
Something if you have the time
Skip it

Register and log in to submit a written review, as well as a rating.

What a bummer. This moving theater attraction is nothing special, and the new virtual queue design is painful. I understand what Universal is trying to do, but guests are literally trapped in the pre-show lounge for at least 20-30 minutes before they can ride. The "entertainment" was fine, but there were far too few touch screens and seats to accommodate the number of guests queuing for the ride. We spent a good 5-10 minutes downstairs perusing the Tonight Show history displays and then went upstairs. Once upstairs, we still had to wait through 2 sets of loads before our color was called, which totaled a bit over 30 minutes even though we had Universal Express. We watched an entire set of the quartet and a bit of Hashtag before trying to grab seats at a touchscreen when other colors were called without success. We ended up looking over another group's shoulders to see there was a wealth of entertainment on the screens, but were powerless to access it because of the lack of stations. If this is the future of lines, I want out, because I don't want to be held hostage in an overcrowded room with limited entertainment not knowing how much longer I'm going to wait to get on a ride.

As far as the ride goes, it's not terrible with some decent motion from the theater and some really good footage. However, I would never bother with this attraction again because of the queuing process for what is easily a below average ride. Bring back Twister!!!

went on this ride ocotber 2017 and it was ok but completly pointless only to promote jimmy fallon

Theme Park Insider Awards