Transformers: The Ride 3D

Simulator ride

Published: March 29, 2014

The motion-base ride, based on the hit Michael Bay Transformers films, opened officially in June 2013, after successful debuts at the Universal Studios parks in Singapore and Hollywood. You're a new recruit on the NEST team, helping the Autobots defend Earth from the Decepticons. But before you finish training, you're rushed into battle with EVAC, a rookie Autobot, and told to take the Allspark -- the Transfomers' source of power — to safety. You can read more aboutTransformers: The Ride 3D in an interview with the ride's creator at the end of this section.

Christy Hall
I hate to be the one person who hates it - but I have to be honest - I did! However, to be fair to the ride, I hate most simulators. My husband, who loves simulators, loved it! So, my ride review is that the visuals and storyline were good, but if you, like me, get sick on simulators then you might want to skip it. I feel cheated with all these new simulator rides. Its like the ride engineers thought of a really fun ride, but then didn't want to build it as a REAL kinetic ride. Give me a big, thrilling roller coaster any day.
Rob Pastor
Though it borrows much of Spiderman's tech, Transformers is, at this moment in time, one of the best rides on Universal Orlando property. It is so immersive that you actually feel as if you are in the city battling the autobots. Special effects, such as the wind rushing over you while you're at the top of the building, add so very much to the realism. And the Transformers battle music playing outside the military headquarters creates a remarkable ambiance.
Jonathan Katz
A deeply immersive experience that would have scored higher had it not been so similar so spiderman. 9/10
Brendan Sutton
Incredible dark ride that uses the same ride technology as the Amazing Adventures of Spiderman at IOA. This ride is absolutely stunning but, in my opinion, is not quite as good as Spiderman. 10/10
Christopher Sturniolo
Great ride with kick-ass use of 3D and simulator vehicle for a thrilling experience.
Mark Hollamon
I give it a commendable because of the outstanding technology used in this attraction. The one BIG beef I have with this is the action choreography is very much similar to The Amazing Adventures of Spider Man. I have not timed both rides, but I think the Transformers ride is longer. For me it just wasn't the WOW experience I got from Spidey the first (and subsequent)time on it.
Quentin Scruggs
I hated this ride the first time I rode it. When I got off, I was angry. I felt as though they had just dropped another Spiderman in the park just with a different film and story. Also, I had waited in a 90 minute line for it. However then I went back later and rode it again. It really is different from Spiderman and is arguably more intense. Universal upgraded the technology and that's good. Maybe they're prepping for an eventual Spiderman closing?
Jaiden Cohen
And I thought Spider Man was awesome. On of the best rides at Universal, only second to the simpsons. If I didn't have universal express (thank you royal Pacific) I would have waited In the two hour line! 10/10