Transformers: The Ride 3D

Motion Base Ride

The motion-base ride, based on the hit Michael Bay Transformers films, opened officially in June 2013, after successful debuts at the Universal Studios parks in Singapore and Hollywood. You're a new recruit on the NEST team, helping the Autobots defend Earth from the Decepticons. But before you finish training, you're rushed into battle with EVAC, a rookie Autobot, and told to take the Allspark -- the Transfomers' source of power — to safety.

A unique ride that transports you into the world of transformers. 8.5/10
Awesome ride!
Though it borrows much of Spiderman's tech, Transformers is, at this moment in time, one of the best rides on Universal Orlando property. It is so immersive that you actually feel as if you are in the city battling the autobots. Special effects, such as the wind rushing over you while you're at the top of the building, add so very much to the realism.Great for repeat rides. And the Transformers battle music playing outside the military headquarters creates a remarkable ambiance.
It's okay not the best ride I like the Disney dark rides better then this.
It's good not great. I like to play the "spot the elevators" game. 6/10
I hate to be the one person who hates it - but I have to be honest - I did! However, to be fair to the ride, I hate most simulators. My husband, who loves simulators, loved it! So, my ride review is that the visuals and storyline were good, but if you, like me, get sick on simulators then you might want to skip it. I feel cheated with all these new simulator rides. Its like the ride engineers thought of a really fun ride, but then didn't want to build it as a REAL kinetic ride. Give me a big, thrilling roller coaster any day.
A deeply immersive experience that would have scored higher had it not been so similar so spiderman. 9/10
Incredible dark ride that uses the same ride technology as the Amazing Adventures of Spiderman at IOA. This ride is absolutely stunning but, in my opinion, is not quite as good as Spiderman. 10/10
Great ride with kick-ass use of 3D and simulator vehicle for a thrilling experience.

Subscribe or Donate to Support Theme Park Insider!