Crush's Coaster

You're riding on an "underwater" film set on this indoor Maurer Söhne spinning coaster, floating in the EAC with Crush and his sea turtle friends. The ride includes dark ride and special effect sequences on a roller coaster track, but its most notable for its long waits, which begin before the park even opens officially each morning.

Only good ride at Walt Disney Studios
My family and I were quite surprised at how much we enjoyed this ride. On our first morning at WDS we got to the park 30 minutes early only to discover that not only were the front gates open but people were already lined up (very long) for Crush. And the line was already moving. It's great that they do this as for the rest of the day the line was too long for us. As for the actual ride, I was a bit worried about the 'spinning' aspect as I usually don't do well with spinning. But this was done really well and didn't just spin randomly but seemed to follow a natural path through the drops and turns. Great theming all around, this was our favorite ride in all of DLP. They should definitely build this in Epcot by Living Seas.
I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. It felt like space mountain on a freespinning cart. And not space themed. But I wasn't expecting to be in the dark, and that was exciting. Would be happy to ride it again.
The theming on this coaster is unbelievably good. The dark ride sequences are fun and lead into an exhilarating ride on the EAC. Wait times are definitely an issue (and no fastpasses). Also, on our first ride, most of the animatronics and some of the films were not working. We even were stopped for quite awhile before the lift hill.
Very fun roller coaster. Shame about the extremely long wait times! (9/10)
We need one in Orlando! Feel free to replace the Dino Whirl Junk Coaster.

Subscribe or Donate to Support Theme Park Insider!