Country Bear Jamboree

Animatronic Show

Conceived for a never-built ski resort the Walt Disney Company planned for the Mineral King area in California, the Country Bear Jamboree became one of the few attractions that debuted at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom before the original Disneyland. Opening with the park in October 1971, the Country Bear Jamboree featured the voices of country music star Tex Ritter as Big Al and Disney Legend Thurl Ravenscroft as Buff the Bison. (You'll also hear Ravenscroft as the lead "Singing Bust" in the graveyard of the Haunted Mansion, the singer of "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" in the original Grinch Who Stole Christmas TV show, as well as the voice of Tony the Tiger in numerous TV commercials.) Disney created two more versions of the Country Bear show, "The Country Bear Christmas Special," and "The Country Bear Vacation Hoedown," neither of which play in the Magic Kingdom any longer. In 2012, Disney cut two songs and some dialogue from the Jamboree, cutting five minutes from the show, which now plays at a little over 10 minutes. Country Bear provides an opportunity to sit in a dark, air-conditioned theater with minimal wait, making it an excellent break in the middle of a hot, crowded, sunny day.

I love this show the music is great and the bears give the show it's humor.
Are you kidding me? Country Bear Jamboree has a 6 rating?? This is, by far, my favorite show at the Magic Kingdom and one of my favorite attractions in the entire resort. Great characters, animatronics and humor. I feel that is an upgrade of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. It's a 10/10 for me!
Another one of those rides that people wish would go away, but I'm very glad it hasn't. The music is fun and upbeat, and the animatronics, while dated, are still miles ahead of any other theme park. It's a good time for all, and my family loves it.
A guilty pleasure. Under rated animatronics. It's nice seeing characters so stylized in a physical sense. The songs are catchy. The recent update was a shame, cutting some great banter.
I previously thought this show was past its prime and was on the verge of going away soon. However, I do think the recent changes to the show are a plus now that most of the random fluff in the script is cut, the bears look more lifelike and the lighting is improved. Personally, I still think the show is not my cup of tea but it's not bad for what it is. 5/10
Good show. A little corny but still very enjoyable. It captures the old Disney magic.
Great, funny show that shouldn't be missed.
I don't really get why it doesn't get very good reviews, but I do enjoy it. 7/10
The bears may be long-in-the-tooth and getting a little furry around the edges but they're still a joy to see.........particularly at Xmas when the show takes on a snowy, festive twist.
I concede that they may not float the boats of teenage guests who are looking for something cooler but for younger kids and older folk it's a charming show.

Subscribe or Donate to Support Theme Park Insider!