It's a Small World

Dark ride

Published: December 16, 2013

Walt Disney created It's a Small World as a tribute to the United Nations' International Children's Emergency Fund [UNICEF] for the 1964 New York Fair. Artist Mary Blair designed the unique scenes of children playing around the world, while Robert and Richard Sherman wrote the ride's unforgettable theme song. It's a Small World became a huge hit, so, after the fair, Disney moved the ride to Disneyland, where it continues to operate to this day. The Magic Kingdom's version offers a few slight differences from the original, but it has the same iconic design and theme song.

Sarah Bebb
It's fun, so I don't really get the hate. It's nothing groundbreaking or special, but it is a classic ride that takes you through all the cultures of the world through the use of family-friendly Disney approved stereotypes. Eh, it's charming, and no one's getting patronized, I don't mind too much. I find it to be a happy diversion, and I even think the song is catchy, in a good way. Give it a ride if you're in the Magic Kingdom, especially if you've got kids. They love this ride, and they need to get the message of world peace and acceptance.
Owen  Scott
I mean I guess it's a good ride but the space can be used for a real 'fantasyland' ride! 7/10
Michelle Morgan
My 2 year old niece loved this, and that was worth listening to the song for the 5 minute boat ride. I do love to look at all of the different dolls dressed up in their native clothing. It's a classic, and if you haven't done it, you should. I do wish they would convert it at WDW for Christmas like they do in California.
Joe Keenen
This ride has been around for what seems like forever. At least as long as I can remember. I understand where first time riders are coming from when they say how annoying the song is or how mediocre the ride is. I must say I definitely understand where they are coming from, but this ride is about something different. This ride is a part of history. It has been around since 1971. In my opinion, it stands for Disney's openness to world peace. Anyway, I hope they never get rid of it. 8/10
Jaiden Cohen
Ahhhhhhhhh I remember thinking as I rode. I was ready to comit suiside will listening to the infamous song. 0/10