It's a Small World

Boat Ride

Walt Disney created It's a Small World as a tribute to the United Nations' International Children's Emergency Fund [UNICEF] for the 1964 New York Fair. Artist Mary Blair designed the unique scenes of children playing around the world, while Robert and Richard Sherman wrote the ride's unforgettable theme song. It's a Small World became a huge hit, so, after the fair, Disney moved the ride to Disneyland, where it continues to operate to this day. The Magic Kingdom's version offers a few slight differences from the original, but it has the same iconic design and theme song.

Good but they need to update the dolls a notch, The Mary Blair dolls look more from a FNAF video than a Disney Ride
It's a classic, but the thing is I find this ride not a must and quite bland to it's counterpart. Disneyland's is better by a landslide. After I experienced it, I just see this as the cheaper version of the original Small World. After all, that one was made by Walt himself! This one just doesn't feel as grand and not that maintained to the other version. I also hate how it's inside, I know it's because of the heat but honestly it feels like a huge, loud mall and the show building is quite lame and very forgettable. It's just a more underwhelming version. This ride is still very nostalgic for me, and I still like it but I just don't think it's a must do when compared to it's superior counterpart. 7/10
It is in desperate need of a major refurbishment and overhaul. Its not only outdated, but its really dirty, filthy even.
the only thing this has going for it is its a original. now i have that song in my head nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
A classic ride. However, that doesn't mean it's amazing in every sense of the word. The boats get backed up, causing you to often be exposed to far more of the ride's theme song then is medically safe. And some of the AA's look a bit stereotypical. But I still go on it nearly every time I'm at the park.
There is nothing technically wrong with the ride, and the message behind it is a positive and important one. But the song is literally the most of annoying thing I have heard in my entire life, and it manages to stay in your head long after you leave the ride. David Lynch described it to be "like having a disease." He's not wrong. 2/10
After experiencing the far superior Disneyland version, I just see this as the cheap one. There's just something underwhelming about its presentation. I enjoyed it, but it isn't really worth your time if there's a wait. 5/10
No thank you.
This is one of the best rides at WDW.
Very nostalgic ride. To enjoy it, you have to embrace the spirit!
It's fun, so I don't really get the hate. It's nothing groundbreaking or special, but it is a classic ride that takes you through all the cultures of the world through the use of family-friendly Disney approved stereotypes. Eh, it's charming, and no one's getting patronized, I don't mind too much. I find it to be a happy diversion, and I even think the song is catchy, in a good way. Give it a ride if you're in the Magic Kingdom, especially if you've got kids. They love this ride, and they need to get the message of world peace and acceptance.

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter