Mickey's PhilharMagic

4D movie

Published: December 16, 2013

Even though the title is "Mickey's" PhilharMagic, Donald Duck is the star of this 12-minute 3D movie musical review, which plays in the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland Theater. As the movie begins, Donald is unpacking the instruments for Mickey's orchestra, when he decides to try on the Big Cheese's famous sorcerer's hat from the movie Fantasia. The instruments spring to life, Donald loses control and soon we're flying through a musical medley of famous songs and scenes from top Disney animated films. Eventually, of course, Mickey returns to retrieve his hat and save the day. And Donald? Well, he gets his with a tuba blast into the theater's back wall.

Directed by Oliver and Company and The Prince and the Pauper director George Scribner, Mickey's PhilharMagic debuted in 2003 and represents the first time that Disney created computer-animated versions of many of its classic characters, including Mickey and Donald. Disney used archival recordings for much of the dialogue in the film, with some of the characters' original voice actors returning to supply the remaining dialogue.

Emily  Kramer
One of the best attractions in Walt Disney World. A truly unique, fun, original show!
Rob Pastor
Love the show. Great music and visuals. Last year I would have given it an outstanding rating.But this year we saw it three times from different vantage points and the 3D effect seemed out of sync a bit. So I've lowered the rating to commendable.
Owen  Scott
Probably my favorite show at disney. Love everything am definitely a classic 10/10
Michelle Morgan
This is probably my favorite show at any themepark. We took my 2 year old niece and she LOVED it! I think at times it is overlooked, so if you get one of those bonus fastpasses for this attraction when you go to get another fastpass in Fantasyland, make sure to use it. The standby line is usually not too bad, either. It is probably the most enjoyable way you will find to get out of the heat!
Aaron McMahon
One of my favorite 4D films with amazing animation and effects but it really needs an upgrade (HD, Dolby/ReadD 3D). After Star Tours and Transformers, the ghosting in the 3D was really obvious and distracting.
Jeff Krinock
One of the few attractions that reminded me of how great a Disney attraction can be.