Anyone planning a trip to Orlando any time soon?

June 12, 2016, 12:56 PM

Especially with all that's happened there. Any one going to carry out their vacation plans?

Replies (5)

June 12, 2016, 4:07 PM

I'm going in the fall. I'm not worried but this is really scary stuff. My thoughts go out to all friends and families of the victims.

June 12, 2016, 7:06 PM

In October, yes. If I had plans going tomorrow I'd still go. You can't stop living your life because of these terrible atrocities. You don't know from one moment to the next is gonna be your last, so live your life as if we're a gift, because it is.

June 13, 2016, 4:18 PM

Yes, I am going in October.

There really isn't any added danger to tourists (or anybody really). This could have happened anywhere. This could have happened in a gay club in Chicago, or New York, or San Francisco, or anywhere!

Disney and Universal do actually a very good job at security in their parks.

June 14, 2016, 9:36 AM

Agreed with everyone...I live up the road in Jacksonville, FL and will continue to make Universal trips with my annual pass. Not going to hide my head in the ground and let fear run my life. Also, as stated above, the security is great at the parks and I'd venture to guess there is a lot of security measures happening at the parks that the guests aren't even aware of...

June 14, 2016, 9:54 AM

It depends on what you consider "soon". I'm hoping to be in Orlando in January.
The recent tragedy doesn't affect me or my plans, and I hope it doesn't affect yours. As Anthony said, it could have happened anywhere.

On a similar note, there was just recently a small explosion inside Shanghai Pudong airport. I'm still going to fly into that airport tomorrow. My plans to visit Shanghai Disneyland opening day aren't changing.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive