Knott's brings back Ghost Town Alive, extends Boysenberry Festival

Edited: November 1, 2016, 2:02 PM

Knott's Berry Farm announced today that it will bring back the Ghost Town Alive! interactive experience next summer, following its successful debut as part of Knott's 75th anniversary of Ghost Town.

Ghost Town Alive! populates the land with a collection of actors who engage visitors in tasks and stories throughout the day, leading up to a nightly celebration. It's a theater geek's dream and helps make the oldest theme park land in the country as immersive and engaging as the best themed lands in the business.

In addition, the park will extend its popular Boysenberry Festival to 23 days next year, meaning more days and nights to gore yourself on treats such as the Fun Bun, Fun Stick and whatever the heck else Knott's culinary staff dreams up for next year.

Finally, the park announced that it will add what looks to be a Mondial Top Scan, to be called Sol Spin, in the Fiesta Village section of the park.

You Might Also Like:

Rate and Review:

Replies (3)

November 1, 2016, 2:51 PM

I highly recommend the Fun Bun!!! It is indeed a big cinnamon fried bun with a tasty boysenberry jam with or without pecans. You get 7 taste items with a food coupon book. The line for the fried alligator nuggets are the longest. The BBQ meatball skewer was delicious.

November 1, 2016, 3:23 PM

Here's my post on the preview for last year's Boysenberry Festival. I can't imagine doing this solo - it really helps to share all these options.

November 1, 2016, 10:06 PM

This is very good news for Knott's Berry Farm. Ghost Town Alive was excellent t year and it is absolutely worthy of returning. Additionally, the Boysenberry Festival is the second best seasonal event Knott's puts on in my opinion (after Scary Farm), and is actually better than the competition at Disney California Adventure. Not mentioned above, Knott's is also getting a new restaurant next year (Boardwalk Barbeque), and I hope they have the option to get the Boysenberry BBQ sauce that is prominent during the festival.

As for the new ride (Sol Spin), I'm glad to see Windseeker's spot is finally being put to good use and I've been hoping Knott's would get one of these rides for a long time. While spinning rides aren't for everyone, Top Scans are among the best and this will fit nicely with the thrill progression already present in Fiesta Village. I hope a refresh of the area is planned as well, as that section of the park needs the most work at the moment.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive