Cedar Point 5/28/17

March 22, 2017, 12:41 PM

I live in CT. I'm thinking about driving out to Cedar point on 5/27/17. I have a 15 and 19 year old. We would just be going for the day on 5/28/17. Is it worth the trip (we are all about the coasters) and should we get the fast lane or fast lane plus? Also should I prepay for the tickets? It seems cheaper that way.
Thank you!!!!!

Replies (2)

March 22, 2017, 2:41 PM

If you're all about the coasters, then it's worth the trip. Understand that rain will shut them down, but they usually get them up and running quickly. It's Memorial Day weekend, and that can make it busy, but I am sitting on the fence about Fast Lane/Plus. It can save you some time, but not quite as much as you might think. The Fast Lane queues don't put you at the front of the line, just closer to the front, and last year for Valravn (the newest coaster) there was still a half hour wait in Fast Lane Plus line on one day I was there. I don't think that 5-28 will be a wildly busy day, being a Sunday, and there is really nothing majorly new at CP this year. Most of their $ went to a total renovation/expansion of Soak City into Cedar Point Shores water park. As far as the tickets, get them the cheapest way you can, except at the gate (the lines can be long and slow). Some area businesses sell them at their stores and it might be worth contacting them to see if they have them at a better discount than on line (try Kroger, Meijer, Wal-Mart). Get to the park early to get to park close to the front gate, and whatever you do don't park under a parking lot light! Cedar Point is in the middle of Lake Erie and the parking lot (and sometimes the park itself) has lots of seagulls...I think you get my drift.

Feel free to contact me if you have more questions at jim@themeparkinsider.com

I hope you have a great time on America's North Coast!

March 22, 2017, 9:11 PM

I can attest that Cedar Point is worth the trip!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive