Fastpasses now available for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Edited: February 6, 2020, 11:39 AM

As expected, the new ride opening at DHS on March 4th is FP+ available.

It joins the top tier alongside Slinky and Smuggler's Run.

I got mine for Saturday 7th, so looking forward to giving it a try ... :)

Replies (6)

February 6, 2020, 12:22 PM

I'm guessing this is a HUGE relief for guests visiting next month wondering if they would have to make a decision between RotR and MMRR if the new Mickey ride were placed into a similar virtual queue system.

This probably indicates that Disney is pretty confident in the throughput on the attraction and reliability of the ride system, which makes you wonder why this ride was delayed for over a year.

February 6, 2020, 12:37 PM

It would be my guess for the foreseeable future, this will be it for FP+ and the continuation of boarding groups for ROTR. Obviously Disney will monitor closely what's happening in the park come March 4th, but I don't see any change coming anytime soon. They are still pushing DHS opening times to 7am further into February, so there's no need to change.

Depending on park opening come 3/7, I may try Rise again. At the moment it's 9am, so I'm hoping it will stay that way. I like my lie-ins at the weekend ... :)

February 6, 2020, 1:00 PM

I think pushing DHS opening times up is solely to increase capacity for RotR by increasing the number of hours it can run during the day.

February 6, 2020, 1:02 PM

MDE crashed for me and I couldn’t get one, and now the hotel guests will have lapped up the rest. Super frustrating for me, I was expecting the ride to be standby only, which would have made for a far easier wait than standby and FP+. Unlike Russell, I have extremely high hopes for the attraction and I’m not the least bit concerned about the delay. I will likely go on a weekday evening and try to close out the park with the ride, even if the queue is lengthy.

Edited: February 6, 2020, 2:23 PM

I know people on here bemoan WDWNT, but they are super quick at getting that sort of information out. I just happened to drop lucky and read their post, went to the app, and after about 3 tries I got in and snagged one for 1:10pm on the 7th.

It's not a ride I see myself doing every time I go, but I must admit I'm looking forward to it. Once the wait times drop, hopefully in the weekday evenings as you suggest, I'll walk thru the queue line as I expect the FP+ line to be bare-bones.

February 6, 2020, 3:26 PM

I'm a huge fan of the new shorts (they're great, go watch them!) and of Mickey Mouse in general and I'm obsessed with trackless dark rides after Rise of the Resistance, so my excitement is very high. I'm thrilled to see the ride has no height requirement. Based on what has been released by Disney and what has leaked in terms of the ride's layout and show scenes, I'm optimistic that this will become one of the best attractions at the resort, not to mention one that probably does more to round out DHS's lineup than Millennium Falcon or Slinky Dog Dash.

I just hope I ever get a chance to ride it!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive