Top 10 Theme Parks, from Watch Mojo

Edited: September 16, 2014, 12:38 PM

Yesterday, Watch Mojo released a video of their top 10 theme parks.

Here was the list
10. Legoland
9. Schlitterbahn Kansas City
8. Epcot
7. Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
6. Tokyo Disneysea
5. Islands of Adventure
4. Six Flags Great Adventure
3. Cedar Point
2. Universal Studios Florida
1. Magic Kingdom
Do you agree or disagree with the list? What would be your top 10 theme parks?

Replies (14)

September 16, 2014, 9:38 AM

I'd say they missed the mark in so many places that their list can't even be taken semi-seriously.

September 16, 2014, 9:41 AM

I saw this. I think this is a terrible list and really don't find that channel A. Credible on the theme park front and B. Don't think they know what they're talking about. And I follow them and watch their videos regularly. They mainly focus on Movies and T.V. and have started lists on video games. NOT theme parks.

September 16, 2014, 12:37 PM

Coming up next: Random.org's picks for the world's top theme parks!

September 16, 2014, 1:07 PM

Hits most peoples top 10's regardless of order save for a few parks, which many others were listed in their honorable mentions. Just people nitpicking where the parks should be on the list.

Edited: September 16, 2014, 1:55 PM

This list is like the Golden Ticket Awards: I agree with all the parks on it, but disagree with the exact ranking (exception: Schlitterbahn does not belong on this list). There are more than ten top parks in the world, so no list is perfect. All of these parks are generally highly regarded among enthusiasts, so this is an acceptable list (note: I've only been to Six Flags Great Adventure and Cedar Point from this list).

Just for fun, my personal top 10 theme/amusement park list (note: haven't been to Florida or visited many parks outside the US):

1. Holiday World
2. Busch Gardens Williamsburg
3. Knoebels
4. Disneyland
5. Cedar Point
6. Dollywood
7. Hersheypark
8. Universal Studios Hollywood
9. Six Flags Magic Mountain
10. Kings Island

Honorable Mentions: SeaWorld San Diego, Six Flags Great Adventure, Disneyland Paris, Six Flags Great America, Canada's Wonderland

September 16, 2014, 4:00 PM

Besides Schlitterbahn and Legoland, the rest of the parks are top-notch. I don't see why people are complaining.

September 16, 2014, 5:00 PM

Note to R. Niles: Beneath the logo on the TPI home page, you should add Mr. Goodwin's phrase in quotes.

Theme Park Insider
"I don't see why people are complaining."

September 16, 2014, 7:00 PM

Let me throw this out there:

1. Tokyo DisneySea
  2. Tokyo Disneyland
  3. Universal Studios Florida
  4. Disneyland
  5. Universal's Islands of Adventure
  6. Disney California Adventure
  7. Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
  8. Universal Studios Singapore
  9. Busch Gardens Williamsburg
  10. Universal Studios Hollywood

Only rating parks I've visited, so potential candidates Universal Studios Japan, Efteling, and Europa Park aren't included. Fire away.

September 17, 2014, 7:03 PM

Robert, how is Universal Studios Florida better than Islands of Adventure?

September 17, 2014, 8:17 PM

Diagon Alley.

September 17, 2014, 8:22 PM

Hogsmeade

September 17, 2014, 8:51 PM

It's tough for me to decide between Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Studios feels like a more full day park, and I love the theming of New York, Hollywood, San Francisco and Diagon Alley. However, Islands of Adventure is just beautifully designed all around (minus a few sore spots) and has the best theme park entrance that I've ever experienced. Plus, FJ and Spidey... in the same park.

September 17, 2014, 9:55 PM

The fact that Disneyland was excluded or didn't even get to share the #1 spot makes this list dubious at best.

September 20, 2014, 1:12 PM

How can MK be better than Universal and IOA??

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive