First POV video of Busch Gardens' Tempesto

Edited: April 7, 2015, 1:13 PM

Busch Gardens Williamsburg today released the first POV video from a live test of its new Premier Rides Sky Rocket II coaster, Tempesto:

Tempesto is expected to open later this spring at the Virginia theme park.

You Might Also Like:

Rate and Review:

Replies (5)

April 7, 2015, 1:17 PM

Hopefully that was a just a test and it typically does a second lap...

April 7, 2015, 4:04 PM

^Nope, it's just going to be one lap. The ride already has poor capacity, no need to decrease it further.

Tempesto will be a fun ride, though for a coaster fan there are better offerings at BGW. I won't be making a special trip to ride simply because I've got Superman Ultimate Flight just up the state from me, but BGW is on my return visit list and I'll definitely give it a try next time I visit.

April 9, 2015, 5:44 PM

The clone at Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo is junk. It looks like a temporary traveling Euro fairgrounds coaster. It's smooth as glass, but it's not thrilling in the slightest.

April 15, 2015, 3:37 PM

I'll be able to find out more in about a week or so. I got the invite today to be one of the first to ride it next Friday in a special nighttime event.

April 17, 2015, 8:27 PM

If I'm there and the line isn't too long, I will ride it. It looks like fun, and something a bit different from anything we have here in Florida. It's a shame they didn't invest in something that has a better capacity, though.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive