The Good Times Theater, formerly the Cedar Point Cinema and the largest indoor theater at Cedar Point, is gone, torn down after housing the HalloWeekends presentation of the Midnight Syndicate. This happened over the holiday season. On Feb.23, Cedar Point announced for the first time these changes to the park:
· Sweet Spot- this new candy shop, located between the Pagoda Gift Shop and Snoopy Boutique, will feature fresh fudge, caramel apples and other sweet treats. Large front windows along the Main Midway will allow guests to watch the candy-making process.
· Tiki Twill- the park's Calypso spinning ride will be relocated from the Blue Streak Midway to the Wicked Twister Midway and renamed as a nod to a former ride at the park.
· Joe Cool's Dodgem School- the kid-friendly Krazy Kars kiddie bumper cars will be moved to Planet Snoopy (directly adjacent to the Wicked Twister Midway)
· Dodgem- the park's bumper cars, originally standing directly in front of the Good Times Theater, will be relocated near maXair, on the site where the Krazy Kars and Sir Rub-a-Dub's Tubs kiddie water ride was (now removed and not replaced) stood), also on the Wicked Twister Midway.
· The Turnpike Cars, a self-driven sports car ride on the Blue Streak Midway, is being removed and not replaced.
Although none of these attractions are new to Cedar Point, they show the park's decision to reinvigorate the Wicked Twister Midway similar to the renovation of the Gemini Midway last season, a move that breathed new life into a neglected part of the park.
These changes will leave a huge area of property for future development, especially if the long-rumored demolition of the old Cedars Hotel (now employee housing) occurs. This winter, Cedar Point has removed the Good Times Theater, Dodgem, Calypso, and Turnpike Cars from the same area, right next to the space where Wildcat was removed several years ago and which now hold temporary grandstands for the nightly "Luminosity" show. Rumors are rumors, and until there are more official announcements from Cedar Point it would be pure speculation as to what will be done with this huge area of prime property. Cedar Point has always been very good at keeping secrets until they want them to be announced. It will be fun to watch and see what the future will bring- I just hope it brings warmer weather soon to America's North Coast!
You Might Also Like:
Rate and Review:Tweet
If you check out the live webcams on the Cedar Point website, you can see both the place where Good Times Theater/Dodgem once stood and the work being done on the Breakers. The old Bon Aire wing of the Hotel is now gone and much of the central part of the hotel is wrapped in tarps. It's going to be interesting to see what happens this year and next.
This article has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.
And hopefully with all the changes along the Wicked Twister Midway, perch is off the menu at Lakeside Express once and for all!