Find deals on fine dining during Orlando's Magical Dining month
With the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival opening at the Walt Disney World Resort today, visitors to the Orlando area should not forget another seasonal dining opportunity that has started this week — one that extends beyond the area's theme parks.
Visit Orlando's Magical Dining Month kicked off this week and continues until October 1. More than 100 restaurants are participating, offering $35 fixed-priced three-course dinners, with one dollar from each meal going to support charities that provide services to children in need. Restaurants at the Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, and SeaWorld Orlando resorts are participating, as well as restaurants in popular tourist areas including Sand Lake Road and International Drive.
You can find a complete list of participating restaurants and their Magical Dining menus on the Visit Orlando website. On-property theme park resort restaurants participating include:
Walt Disney World
- Boatwrights Dining Hall (Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside)
- Grand Floridian Cafe (Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa)
- Il Mulino New York Trattoria (Walt Disney World Swan)
- Jiko The Cooking Place (Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge)
- Morimoto Asia (Disney Springs)
- Paddlefish (Disney Springs)
- Ravello (Four Seasons Resort Golden Oak)
- STK (Disney Springs)
- The Wave (Disney's Contemporary Resort)
- Todd English's bluezoo (Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort)
- Amatista Cookhouse (Loews Sapphire Falls Resort)
- BiCE Ristorante (Loews Portofino Bay Hotel)
- Islands Dining Room (Loews Royal Pacific Resort)
- Mama Della's Ristorante (Loews Portofino Bay Hotel)
- The Kitchen (Hard Rock Hotel)
Sharks Underwater Grill is the only in-park restaurant participating, and park admission is not required to eat at the restaurant during Magical Dining Month. Guests with a Magical Dining Reservation will meet with a SeaWorld ambassador at the Magical Dining check-in location near the park entrance, then be escorted to the restaurant. But after dinner, guests can stay in the park until it closes for the evening.
To make reservations at Sharks Underwater Grill, call +1-407-363-2591. Reservations for the Disney restaurants can be made by calling +1-407-WDW-DINE. And reservations for the Universal Orlando and other area restaurants can be made through Open Table via links on the Visit Orlando website.
Went to the Grand Floridian Cafe last week and it was delicious. The special part was that each person got to order 2 desserts!
Looks good! The Sharks Underwater Grill is an interesting concept. Great restaurant!
The deal with Sharks seems like quite a steal. You get a reasonably priced 3-course meal, plus get to stay in the park after you're done eating. While most days in September the park closes at 6 PM, if you were to arrange an early evening meal (@4 PM) on this Sunday, you'd likely get 4 hours of free park time with a scheduled close time of 10 PM (with Electric Ocean playing at 7:30 and 10 PM).
This article has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.