Top Favorite Extinct Attractions.
I would like for people to post their top 5s if you have more awsome if you have less dont worry about it.
Just wondering what they all could be. Can be any park anywhere anytime.
There are, of course, many rides I never got to go on. I will limit this response to those I actually HAVE been on that no longer exist. Some of these have a bad rep in the industry, but that didn't take away from my enjoyment of them.
Son Of Beast
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
All removed Zippers and Rotors
From Dominick D
Posted October 23, 2012 at 7:06 AM
2. Test Track 1
3. Jimmy Neutron
4. POTC before Johnny Depp
5. Snow White
(I regret skipping BTTF :( )
1. Dueling Dragons ( Dragon Challenge when it dueled it was awessssome!)
2. The old kiddie land at BGT I loved it when I was little
3. Jimmy neutron
That's all I can think of maybe I can think of five.... Oh wait yes I wish I could have rode BTTF!
20,000 leagues under the sea
Back to the Future
Countdown to Extinction (regardless to what Disney claims I believe this ride has been toned down whith the name change to Dinosaur.)
From AJ Hummel
Posted October 23, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Counting only rides I've been on, and excluding relocations:
1. Back to the Future: The Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood
2. Who Wants to Be a Millionaire-Play It! at Disney California Adventure Park
3. Log Jammer at Six Flags Magic Mountain
4. Kingdom of the Dinosaurs at Knott's Berry Farm
5. The original Space Mountain at Disneyland
If relocations were included, Deja Vu from Six Flags Magic Mountain would be second on this list.
From Bob Liebe
Posted October 23, 2012 at 10:38 AM
3- Back to the Future: The Ride
4- Nickelodean Studios
5- Ghostbusters Spooktacular
1) Jaws ;(
2) Orange stinger
3) alien encounter
4) Bermuda triangle (sea world australia)
From April C
Posted October 23, 2012 at 11:35 AM
JAWS and King Kong.
Both were apart of my childhood. I ended up working in Amity for about a year and a half before it closed. I miss it so much.
In no specific order:
BTTF (Never got to ride it)
Alien Encounter (never got to ride it)
From Dominick D
Posted October 23, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Rides I never got to ride:
4. Alien Encounter
5. Original Journey into Imagination
In no real order..
-20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
-Mr. Toads Wild Ride
-Journey Into your Imagination (Original)
-Back to the Future
-Big Bad Wolf
-Mission: Bermuda Triangle
Back to the Future.
And I wish I had ridden Alien Encounter. I had the chance when I was about 7 but was too scared.
Hopefully I can ride BTTF again if I get to Universal Studios Japan soon. Until then I can always watch the whole ride on the blu-ray extras of the trilogy.
Back to the Future
World of Motion (though Test Track is good)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
2. Back to the Future
3. The Python at Busch Gardens (first 'real' coaster)
4. Jimmy Neutron (childhood memories!)
Back to the Future
Minnie and Mickeys houses (in Florida)
And...my beloved Hunchback of Notre Dame show.
*wipes away a tear*
2. Mr Toad Wild Ride (MK)
3. If I had wings
4. World of Motion
5. Body Wars
The Kitchen Cabaret from The Land at Epcot, would love to show my kids that show
Python at Busch Gardens
Mr Toad for those not willing to fly cross country for a dark ride
River Country as a whole
Trainers in the water for Shamu Shows
20k leagues under the sea, maybe should have been in tommorrowland but had a great feel of something special for boys
Narnia exhibit at DHS as it wasted others time while I got to enjoy real attractions
Hall of Presidents (4 years ago) just a joke to all the democrats on tpi
This question made me realize how many attractions Magic Kingdom has converted or worse just eliminated with no replacement whether attractions we good or not, they at least occupied time and increased park capacity
The gondolas from fantasyland to tommorrowland
And for most people due to upkeep TSI as a whole
From Chad H
Posted October 24, 2012 at 2:00 PM
An Australian list of Lament....
* Batman: The Ride - (Motion Simulator) - Warner Bros. Movie World, Gold Coast
* The Bush Beast (Wooden Roller Coaster) - Australia's Wonderland/Wonderland Sydney
* Eureka Mine Ride (Mine Car roller coaster)- Dreamworld, Gold Coast
* The Bermuda Triangle (River Ride with special effects) - Sea World, Gold Coast
* Police Academy Stunt Show (Stunt Show) - Warner Bros Movie World, Gold Coast
From chris cona
Posted October 24, 2012 at 2:38 PM
2. Jimmy Neutron
3. Who wants to be a millionare DHS
4. Dueling Dragons (when they dueled)
5. Back to the future
1. San Francisco Earthquake at Cedar Point
2. Frontier Lift at Cedar Point
3. Original Shoot the Rapids and White Water Landing at Cedar Point
4. Wild Animal Safari at King's Island
5. Upside-down funhouse at Cedar Point
There was actually a Police Academy Stunt Show???
And in Australia, no less???
And submitted by a fella in Scotland???
And yet more question marks???????????
Universal's Stunt Spectacular
Old Mill (Kennywood)
From N B
Posted October 24, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Tidal Wave (SFGA)
We didn't start going to Universal until after Kong closed and I don't know the Disney parks well enough, even though we went 4 years in a row... My first park was "Marriots Great America" and I have a lot of fond memories of that place.
From Chad H
Posted October 24, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Well, I grew up in Oz, only been in the UK for 7 years....
But yeah, it was a great show. Ended up being replaced with some extreme driving show, or so I hear.
This discussion should have started and ended with Back to the Future. Still my favorite ride in the world. Just an awesome ride made so much better by the characters, story, and theme of the attraction.
Still operating thousands of miles away in Osaka, Japan so at least it hasn't completely dissappeared from the face of the planet.
From Amy Smith
Posted October 25, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Dueling Dragons (both the old themed queue and the actual dueling aspect)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (MK's was a million times better)
Original Journey into Imagination
Animal Kingdom boats - they have a dragon down there under the bridge!
From James Rao
Posted October 25, 2012 at 3:27 AM
1. Orient Express at Worlds of Fun - one of the best steel coasters of the 80's.
2. Ozark Wildcat - SBNO at the now defunct Celebration City theme park in Branson, MO.
3. Wonders of Life Pavilion - Bring back Body Wars and Cranium Command fo'sho'!
4. Horizons, of course.
5. Actual dueling trains on Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge. Everyone says Universal is doing everything right these days, but this change was a BIG choke.
From Big Cohube
Posted November 2, 2012 at 10:17 AM
The only ones that I can think of are:
-The original Star Tours, although the new one's a lot of fun
-Great American Scream Machine in Six Flags Great Adventure, I had some great memories of that ride…
Seaside Boardwalk ride piers.
Amy more mentionable attractions coming up?
This discussion has been archived, and is not accepting additional responses.