Busch Gardens Tampa

Kumba

Kumba is a roller coaster in Congo at Busch Gardens Tampa. While it's not the best, it is also recommended. The minimum height to ride is 54 inches.

Kumba means "roar," and it is a fitting name for this 1993 Bolliger & Mabillard coaster that was once the featured attraction in the park. Riders board 32-seat trains (8 rows, 4 across) that roar along almost 4,000 feet of track. The course features a 135-foot drop, a 114-foot tall loop, a dive loop, a zero-g roll, a cobra roll, and interlocking corkscrews. Seven inversions in total with a top speed of 60 mph.

Busch Gardens Tampa tickets Buy Tickets: For discount tickets to Busch Gardens Tampa, visit our officially authorized Busch Gardens Tampa tickets page.

Reviews of Kumba

How do you rate this?
A "best in the park" must-do
Not a must-do, but also recommended
Something if you have the time
Skip it

Register and log in to submit a written review, as well as a rating.

Worst roller coaster I've ridden. Non-stop headbanging. Gotten horrible headaches every time I've ridden it. People I have taken on it got sick, too. Montu, Sheikra, Cheetah Hunt, Tigris are so much more enjoyable.

Best coaster in the park (even more intense than Montu in my opinion). This ride changed my life forever, as it is now become my number 1 best coaster of all time. Very intense, feels MUCH faster than you are actually going, and very smooth for an older roller coaster. If I were to ride ONE coaster in this park, this would be it.
10/10