Cedar Point

Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper is a roller coaster in Wicked Twister Midway at Cedar Point. While it's not the best, it is also recommended.

This Bolliger & Mabillard Wing coaster opened in 2013 and features a 164-foot drop and top speed of 67 mph.

Cedar Point tickets Buy Tickets: For discount tickets to Cedar Point, visit our officially authorized Cedar Point tickets page.

Reviews of Gatekeeper

How do you rate this?
A "best in the park" must-do
Not a must-do, but also recommended
Something if you have the time
Skip it

Register and log in to submit a written review, as well as a rating.

Gatekeeper is one of the best coasters in the park, and your best option for a great ride with a short line during the midday crowds that swamp the headliners at this park. Graceful and fun, Gatekeeper is the best wing coaster I have ridden (Gatekeeper > Thunderbird > Wild Eagle). I like the front, left, outside seat the best of the "four corners" of the ride.

I was actually surprised by how much I enjoyed Gatekeeper. It’s just a real cool and relaxing feeling, especially in the inside seats. I would describe it as I would describe a crane, or an eagle, graceful, peaceful, and elegant. If you are a new thrill seeker, then this is a great step up for you, yet the inversions it does inspired by fighter jets make it fun for those who’ve been riding roller coasters for a long time. It ranks in my top 4. Highly recommend it.

Theme Park Tickets