Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Hollywood Boulevard
Track Ride
★ ★ ★

Replacing the Great Movie Ride, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway is Disney's first ride based on its iconic Mickey Mouse character. It opened March 4, 2020.

Learn more about the ride in our interview with Imagineer Charita Carter and with Imagineer Kevin Rafferty, who together led the design team for the attraction

Reviews of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

How do you rate this?
Among the very best of its type anywhere
Above average, but not quite the very best
Below average, but not among the worst
Among the bottom 25 percent of its type

Register and log in to submit a written review, as well as a rating.

Did not like Minnie kicking Pluto!!!! Why did the imagineers have to make Minnie so mean? Don't want to get off of a Disney ride with that image in my head.

This ride is fantastic. The projection technology is impressive and amazing. How they managed to change the volcano scene to an underwater scene was simply astounding. The ending scene in the park was simply beautiful, and it was amazing how the factory turned into part of the park in just a few seconds. Also, the music is catchy, and the pre-show is entertaining and it offers a brilliant surprise. Mickey and Minnie look great and it feels great that Disney is bringing trackless dark rides to their American parks. To me Mickey and Minnie's Runaway is in the same league as Rise of the Resistance, and Hollywood Studios is finally a park that I would feel bad skipping during a trip to Disney World. Do I think Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway is better than the Great Movie Ride. The answer is yes I do. Also, I am really excited for Remy's Ratatouille Adventure to open this summer!

Need Discount Tickets?