Blue Bayou Restaurant

Blue Bayou Restaurant is a table service restaurant in New Orleans Square at Disneyland. It's a top quality meal.

Set waterside inside Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean, the Blue Bayou restaurant offers Cajun and Creole-influenced lunch and dinner entrees.

The dinner menu at the Blue Bayou includes steaks and seafood, while the lunch menu features Disney's Monte Cristo sandwich. You'll dine "outside" an antebellum Louisiana mansion, along the shore of the Blue Bayou, watching the Pirates of the Caribbean boats float by in the eternal twilight.

You'll need to make reservations in advance to eat at the Blue Bayou - call 714-781-DINE before your trip, and very nicely request a waterside table.

If you are craving a Monte Cristo sandwich and looking for a less expensive alternative (with less ambiance), try the Cafe Orleans across the way in Disneyland's New Orleans Square, which also serves the sandwich, and at a lower price.

Disneyland tickets Buy Tickets: For discount tickets to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, visit our officially authorized Disneyland tickets page.

Reviews of Blue Bayou Restaurant

How do you rate this?
A premier, must-do dining experience
A good place to eat, though not great
Okay, but you could do better
Skip it

Register and log in to submit a written review, as well as a rating.

We are spur of the moment AP holders and don't usually look far enough into the calendar to make plans far enough in advance to get a table in the eternal twilight. A couple of months ago, I decided it was time to check this one off the bucket list and I used the DLR iPhone app to book a table for two at lunch.
My party of two got a nice table almost dead center of the dining room and we had a delicious meal. We skipped the appatizers as there were only two available - fried calamari and a beet salad in favor of going with a more expensive entree. Each of us had the optional salad that was offered with our entree. He had the Herb-crusted Rack of Lamb ($44) while I went for the Bone-In Rib-Eye ($46). Meals are also served with wonderful Rosemary bread and butter.
My steak was deliciously tender and well marbled. His lamb chops were perfectly rare and flavorful. Salads were served with a very rich vinaigrette and some of the best cherry tomatoes I've ever had.
Sadly, there were only two dessert options available and neither appealed to us. I'd like to have had a good reason to linger in the cool darkness.
Our server was classic Disney. Extremely professional and efficient. Efficiency really is the best way to describe the Blue Bayou. It's a well oiled table-turning monster. Don't get me wrong - the food is good quality and the service is great, but there is no doubt from the design of the menu to the pace of service it's all about getting butts in and out of seats.
Would I go back to The Blue Bayou? Absolutely, but it won't be a frequent stop simply because of the expanse. Our meal, figuring in our AP discount plus tip came to $117. Was it worth it. Yes, but again, not a spot we'll visit frequently if only because of the expense. This is the perfect spot for an impressive Disneyland experience.

The ultimate place to eat inside Disneyland.

Need to Buy Tickets?