Universal Studios Florida

Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon

Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon is a flying theater in New York at Universal Studios Florida. It's worth seeing on a time-permitting basis.

Photo of Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon

Universal's first flying theater attraction, Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon features NBC's Tonight Show host in a 3D comedic adventure through the city. The attraction also includes a walk-through exhibit on the history of The Tonight Show and an upstairs "green room" featuring live performances by the Ragtime Gals.

Reviews of Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon

How do you rate this?
A "best in the park" must-do
Not a must-do, but also recommended
Something if you have the time
Skip it

Register and log in to submit a written review, as well as a rating.

Not in my top for rides but I still liked it and wouldn't miss it when going to Universal. The queue area is great and the ride is good too.

The waiting area is great.

The ride is uninspired, been there done that, but for some reason I really liked it. Can't put my finger on it. Certainly not great but very enjoyable.

7/10

The line is best part, the ride is just so-so. Between this and Fast and Furious, I am really disappointed with the "newest" rides at Universal.

The "queue" is the best park of this attraction. If you're a long-time Tonight Show fan, you might appreciate the mini-museum of the show's history on the first floor. And the upstairs "green room" is pure fun, with Hashtag the Panda meeting people and the Ragtime Gals singing live. There's also couches to sit down and charge your phone. The ride afterward is just another flying theater ride - fun but nothing special.

I know I am in the minority but I absolutely love this ride. It is just plain fun if you like Jimmy Fallon. It isn't rough so everyone can enjoy it. It makes me smile every time I ride it.

The queue(?) system for the attraction sounds great on paper but is a disaster, however. They don't have employees enforcing the setup. Instead of waiting downstairs and enjoying the historical exhibits until your color is called, everyone goes upstairs immediately, making it extremely crowded on busy days. The studio room is usually full of people blocking the entrance and then they push back through the crowd when their color is called to enter the ride. The entrance needs to be at the other end of the studio room giving everything a better flow of people. My friends actually get angry waiting for this ride. Maybe that is why they don't enjoy it that much once they are in their seats.

Get Our Newsletter