Universal Studios Florida

Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon

Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon is a flying theater in New York at Universal Studios Florida. It's worth seeing on a time-permitting basis.

Photo of Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon

Universal's first flying theater attraction, Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon features NBC's Tonight Show host in a 3D comedic adventure through the city. The attraction also includes a walk-through exhibit on the history of The Tonight Show and an upstairs "green room" featuring live performances by the Ragtime Gals.

Reviews of Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon

How do you rate this?
A "best in the park" must-do
Not a must-do, but also recommended
Something if you have the time
Skip it

Register and log in to submit a written review, as well as a rating.

The "queue" is the best park of this attraction. If you're a long-time Tonight Show fan, you might appreciate the mini-museum of the show's history on the first floor. And the upstairs "green room" is pure fun, with Hashtag the Panda meeting people and the Ragtime Gals singing live. There's also couches to sit down and charge your phone. The ride afterward is just another flying theater ride - fun but nothing special.

I know I am in the minority but I absolutely love this ride. It is just plain fun if you like Jimmy Fallon. It isn't rough so everyone can enjoy it. It makes me smile every time I ride it.

The queue(?) system for the attraction sounds great on paper but is a disaster, however. They don't have employees enforcing the setup. Instead of waiting downstairs and enjoying the historical exhibits until your color is called, everyone goes upstairs immediately, making it extremely crowded on busy days. The studio room is usually full of people blocking the entrance and then they push back through the crowd when their color is called to enter the ride. The entrance needs to be at the other end of the studio room giving everything a better flow of people. My friends actually get angry waiting for this ride. Maybe that is why they don't enjoy it that much once they are in their seats.

What a bummer. This moving theater attraction is nothing special, and the new virtual queue design is painful. I understand what Universal is trying to do, but guests are literally trapped in the pre-show lounge for at least 20-30 minutes before they can ride. The "entertainment" was fine, but there were far too few touch screens and seats to accommodate the number of guests queuing for the ride. We spent a good 5-10 minutes downstairs perusing the Tonight Show history displays and then went upstairs. Once upstairs, we still had to wait through 2 sets of loads before our color was called, which totaled a bit over 30 minutes even though we had Universal Express. We watched an entire set of the quartet and a bit of Hashtag before trying to grab seats at a touchscreen when other colors were called without success. We ended up looking over another group's shoulders to see there was a wealth of entertainment on the screens, but were powerless to access it because of the lack of stations. If this is the future of lines, I want out, because I don't want to be held hostage in an overcrowded room with limited entertainment not knowing how much longer I'm going to wait to get on a ride.

As far as the ride goes, it's not terrible with some decent motion from the theater and some really good footage. However, I would never bother with this attraction again because of the queuing process for what is easily a below average ride. Bring back Twister!!!

went on this ride ocotber 2017 and it was ok but completly pointless only to promote jimmy fallon

Park and Hotel Reviews