Will Star Tours Live?

March 14, 2016, 4:23 AM

With the additions of SWL, will Disney keep Star Tours open in both DL and WDW?

Replies (6)

March 14, 2016, 6:15 AM

Yes

March 14, 2016, 6:55 AM

Is kind of weird because at Disneyland they are making Star Wars land away from star tours, same thing with Orlando so I don't know how they are gonna corporate the existing star tours rides into the new lands.

Edited: March 14, 2016, 1:52 PM

I have an idea. Turn Tomorrowland into Coruscant. Star Tours will transport you into the new Star Wars Land, but something went wrong and you can't go. You might have to walk or take the Disneyland Railroad to get there.

March 14, 2016, 12:44 PM

Doubtful it will disappear from DHS. It's adjacent to where the new land is being located. And it's individual film segments can easily be adapted to the new stories & characters in the Star Wars universe.

Edited: March 14, 2016, 1:18 PM

In Florida, Star Tours isn't going anywhere. The attraction is located directly adjacent to the new land and fits with the theme, plus DHS needs all the attractions they can get. There may be a few tweaks to the ride, but it definitely isn't closing.

Things are a little bit more unclear in California. The dominant plan from everything I've heard is to relocate the ride to Star Wars Land as part of a phase two expansion (which would also connect Star Wars Land to Toontown, completing the loop of the park), but I don't know any timeline on that. I'm guessing modifications to the attraction would probably be required as well, so it would almost become a third version of the ride. Last I heard, there is a replacement attraction for Star Tours in the Tomorrowland overhaul plans, but of course that project is nearly 10 years away and things can change. Due to the popularity of the ride, I highly doubt it would close permanently, but if the Millennium Falcon ride ends up being too similar (as that attraction is pretty much a fancy simulator), a closure could be a possibility.

March 14, 2016, 5:35 PM

To answer the question, yes...I believe that is the idea

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive